deleted

h4rryp0tter

deleted

Postby h4rryp0tter » Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 pm

delete
Last edited by h4rryp0tter on Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HazelEyes

Re: 155 to 170 in 3 weeks. possible?

Postby HazelEyes » Sun May 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Sorry to be harsh, but not possible.

Go for October, or study like crazy for the next 3 weeks, and hope you push to 160.

With a low GPA you're going to need a kick-ass LSAT score.

sumus romani

Postby sumus romani » Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Damn near any improvement is possible, strictly speaking. But the improvement you hope for is highly unlikely. Why not take the test in June with the attitude of canceling your score no matter what, then, prepare better for Sept/Oct?

For what it is worth, I had a hard time spending more than around 3 hours prepping each day. But that doesn't mean that you cannot usefully prep for 8hrs/day. I imagine that it is an individual thing.

h4rryp0tter

Postby h4rryp0tter » Sun May 16, 2010 7:46 pm

sumus romani wrote:Damn near any improvement is possible, strictly speaking. But the improvement you hope for is highly unlikely. Why not take the test in June with the attitude of canceling your score no matter what, then, prepare better for Sept/Oct?

For what it is worth, I had a hard time spending more than around 3 hours prepping each day. But that doesn't mean that you cannot usefully prep for 8hrs/day. I imagine that it is an individual thing.

i Have a some red flags on my app (a couple withdrawels+bad GPA) so I don't want to withdraw my lsat score I think that would look bad. what would be the purpose of taking the June test if I knew that I would just take the Oct test?
Last edited by h4rryp0tter on Sun May 16, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

h4rryp0tter wrote:
sumus romani wrote:Damn near any improvement is possible, strictly speaking. But the improvement you hope for is highly unlikely. Why not take the test in June with the attitude of canceling your score no matter what, then, prepare better for Sept/Oct?

i Have a lot of red flags on my app (including a couple withdrawels) so I don't want to withdraw my lsat score I think that would look bad. what would be the purpose of taking the June test if I knew that I would just take the Oct test?

I do not know how a cancel looks on your app, but I think the point of taking it would be to get a feel for actual test conditions so that you have a leg up in October. That being said, I do not know how bad a cancel looks and if it does, I doubt that it would be worth it.

Albatross

Postby Albatross » Sun May 16, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm dealing with the same issue but I'm in the low 160's. Flawless on LG, -8 to -10 on LR combined, and -8 to -10 on RC. I think it's possible but hard to do.

sumus romani

Postby sumus romani » Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm

bk1 wrote:
h4rryp0tter wrote:

i Have a lot of red flags on my app (including a couple withdrawels) so I don't want to withdraw my lsat score I think that would look bad. what would be the purpose of taking the June test if I knew that I would just take the Oct test?

I do not know how a cancel looks on your app, but I think the point of taking it would be to get a feel for actual test conditions so that you have a leg up in October. That being said, I do not know how bad a cancel looks and if it does, I doubt that it would be worth it.

I've heard it said that for many schools one cancel is not a problem on apps. But each school will have their own policy. I tend to be a bit of a cynic regarding LSAT scores; and looking at people's cycles, I can find very little proof of averaging LSAT scores for those with multiple takes, or discrimination against those who cancel once. But I'll admit that there is no science here.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”