How long before the test do you stop studying?

How long before the test do you stop studying?

Postby lebob » Sat May 15, 2010 1:31 am

I don't know if there's an answer out there,
but I'm taking the june test and i was wondering when people generally stop studying?

I'm spacing out my final preptests, and i'm trying to figure out if i should be taking them right up till test day, or finish all the preptests by 1 week before the test day, etc?

the concern i have is, if you finish all your preptests 1 week before test day...what do you do for that week? just sit back and let your brain go to waste? do some more review? i'm just concerned that in that one week, i'm going to lose my speed + endurance of doing section upon section of lsat stuff.

any suggestions would be appreciated

OH - i have one final preptest (december 09) that i have UNTOUCHED. it's the only one i haven't looked at yet. i'm planning on taking it 1 week before the test, to gauge how i'll do on the real thing, and also to let the stuff i learn from that test soak into my brain over the week. does that sound ok?

Re: How long before the test do you stop studying?

Postby JOThompson » Sat May 15, 2010 1:46 am

Don't take a prep test for 24-48 hours before the actual LSAT. You want to be fresh for the real thing. That said, it's not a bad idea to quickly go over a familiar logic game or set of problems on exam day, if only to boost your confidence.

Congrats on USC. I wouldn't worry to death about your retake. You're not committing career suicide by attending a school like that.

Re: How long before the test do you stop studying?

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Sat May 15, 2010 2:51 am

To dodge your question, irrespective of the timing of it, don't end on a low score. Go out on top to keep the confidence up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”