Practice tests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shane0515

New

Practice tests

Post by shane0515 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I just took my first practice exam after going through all of the PS Bibles 5 times each. I got 7 wrong on each logic games section. My confidence just sunk really low. How do I improve to get my score up to at least only 2 wrong per section?

fiftyonefifty

New

Re: Practice tests

Post by fiftyonefifty » Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

there's only one logic games section.

But i would suggest starting with preptest 7 and slowly build off each one until you get to 58. it wont come right away, but will take a lot of time and dedication

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:there's only one logic games section.

But i would suggest starting with preptest 7 and slowly build off each one until you get to 58. it wont come right away, but will take a lot of time and dedication
TITCR. It takes a lot of hard work.

shane0515

New

Post by shane0515 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm

I meant each logical reasoning section. Sorry about that

fiftyonefifty

New

Post by fiftyonefifty » Fri May 14, 2010 4:02 pm

For logic games, make a copy of each game sections from all the prep tests and bind them into a booklet. Make two sets.

Go through a few games per night and by the time you reach the second booklet, you should be at -1-0. Always reference the bible or this board if you are stuck with any particular game.

I went from -16+ to -1/-0 on the games section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:For logic games, make a copy of each game sections from all the prep tests and bind them into a booklet. Make two sets.

Go through a few games per night and by the time you reach the second booklet, you should be at -1-0. Always reference the bible or this board if you are stuck with any particular game.

Timed? Untimed? Start untimed and reduce time? I was terrible at LG, consistently missing 11 or so. After finishing up the LG bible I've gotten a lot better but still work to be done.

I'm going through the older LG sections one by one, untimed right now. Eventually I feel I should start putting some time limits on them.

fiftyonefifty

New

Post by fiftyonefifty » Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
fiftyonefifty wrote:For logic games, make a copy of each game sections from all the prep tests and bind them into a booklet. Make two sets.

Timed? Untimed? Start untimed and reduce time? I was terrible at LG, consistently missing 11 or so. After finishing up the LG bible I've gotten a lot better but still work to be done.

I'm going through the older LG sections one by one, untimed right now. Eventually I feel I should start putting some time limits on them.
Untimed. I never did timed sections of games in the booklets, only during preptests.

Going through the booklets, you will get faster and faster and pretty soon you will be able to see inferences and remember rules to a point where you won't have to write down.

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm

FWIW, I found that right after you work through the Bibles you end up thinking way too hard about each game. All of a sudden you know all of these new strategies and you immediately are trying to use them all and making sure everything you do looks like the book says it should. You're probably still thinking too hard about each question. Remember, these questions are not that hard. The LG bible in particular should help to teach you how to find the key to every game so that you can just unlock it with the right inference and finish it off.

The best piece of advice anyone ever gave me (and it came from this board) was to think only as hard as you need to for each game. You start to figure this out with repetition. I would go through each game 3 or 4 times. Soon you start to see the patterns to the different game types and you start to realize exactly what you need to do to solve the different games. Also, the repetition will help you to cement your diagraming system so that you can do it quickly without expending too much energy.

Also, I only got a 161 but you should know that although I was never that good at LR, for some reason on the real deal I got into a funk and dropped 10 questions in a row almost, but on the LG I got a -1. The LG should become gimme points. With enough practice you'll see that.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri May 14, 2010 6:11 pm

alright. Sounds good thanks guys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”