What are my chances on HLS?

Re: What are my chances on HLS?

Postby creatinganalt » Mon May 17, 2010 2:07 am

Schools are not going to take a chance on an international student because they have no incentive to. There is no financial incentive (as all students pay and international students probaby require more aid, not less) so t-14s are not going to cut you any slack with the LSAT. I suspect that a really crappy GPA would hurt. But a great one won't help that much.

UG institution matters probably as much as your actual GPA because at least they'd get some prestige points.

Seriously, just KILL the LSAT.

Postby UofO » Tue May 18, 2010 9:12 pm

memaha wrote:
roranoa wrote:Hmm......the journal thing I mentioned turned out to be our schools law review.

Would that make any difference. An undergrad in the law review?

No. HLS will not care. Sorry to be blunt, but everyone telling you to focus on the LSAT is TCR. Getting two points lower on the LSAT because you were spending time working with the law review is NOT going to help you.

what if you are a Canadian applicant? Are you still considered an 'international student', and thus, your gpa won't count?

Postby thinkbig » Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm

roranoa wrote:What are my chances on HLS?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”