Break Prior to LSAT

bk1

Break Prior to LSAT

Postby bk1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

How long of a break would you recommend prior to the June 7 LSAT?

Personal Info: At minimum, I won't be studying the day before (as people recommend taking a break of some sort), but will be refreshing my mind the morning of. The only prep I will be doing from now to the LSAT is PT's. Currently I am averaging 2 four-section timed PT's/day, seven days a week, if that changes anything.

Sandro

Re: Break Prior to LSAT

Postby Sandro » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

I took the 6th off. Not sure how I want to play it - the night before sep 09 i did some sections. It probably didnt help.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 am

This may not help. But do whatever makes you feel confident.

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 am

I plan on taking Sat and Sun off. It is kind of a natural break. I have found that when I have not taken a test for a few days I start to get itchy to take one. I will look some things over on the weekend, but from now till then I am going to test and analyze every day. Might throw in a couple of monster days to really test the stamina. But that is just what I think will work for me.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 am

In retrospect I think I will take a break of 2 days or so, though I may actually do a bit of work as a refresher the day before and morning of.

giraffe28

Postby giraffe28 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:09 am

My suggestion would be not to touch any problems the two days before... If you don't feel comfortable with that at least give yourself a full day of rest. Review concepts and strategies as much as you want, but don't do any problems esp not the morning of- i mean, everyone works differently but my experience is that you may not have the intensity you'll need to take the test if you've already done some problems. I personally grabbed the days paper and read it incredibly intently, like I would a reading comp passage, to warm my brain up the morning of.

shoop

Postby shoop » Fri May 14, 2010 10:54 am

The only thing I'm doing the day before the test is getting a massage. Day of, I'll go to the gym in the morning (because it's my usual AM routine), then eat a light lunch and head over to the test site.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat May 15, 2010 4:06 pm

bk1 wrote:How long of a break would you recommend prior to the June 7 LSAT?

Personal Info: At minimum, I won't be studying the day before (as people recommend taking a break of some sort), but will be refreshing my mind the morning of. The only prep I will be doing from now to the LSAT is PT's. Currently I am averaging 2 four-section timed PT's/day, seven days a week, if that changes anything.

2 full length PT's a day??? holy shit.

My study schedule is gonna be, 1st week of June: M-Thurs 1 PT w/ experimental. Friday off. Saturday PT 59 with experimental. Sunday break, whoever said massage thought of a great idea. Monday LSAT!

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sat May 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Just to throw in a curveball, I took the entire week before the LSAT off. Well, just about. I did practice RC on tuesday and practice LR on thursday, and did 5 questions from each section at 6am before the exam.

Got my highest score.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sat May 15, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm just glad the test is at noon this administration. I don't have to change my sleep pattern before then too drastically :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 pm

BigA wrote:I'm just glad the test is at noon this administration. I don't have to change my sleep pattern before then too drastically :D

+1...half the reason I made the effort I did to be ready for the June LSAT. Honestly, I think it's worth 2-3 points for me.

DaveBear07

Postby DaveBear07 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm thinking Friday I'll take PT 59. Saturday, review it. Sunday, review Missed Question Journal.

I think I'll be too anxious to stay away from anything LSAT for those two days, and I have a great short term memory that might keep some key tips in my head. Otherwise though, those are going to be two very restful days. Probably will work out on Satuday.

This makes me nervous.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sat May 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Does everyone think it's important to be doing timed PTs as preparation leading right up to the test? I'm thinking about taking my last 10 full PTs now so I can redo games from 42-present the week before the test since I've only done them once.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:59 pm

BigA wrote:Does everyone think it's important to be doing timed PTs as preparation leading right up to the test? I'm thinking about taking my last 10 full PTs now so I can redo games from 42-present the week before the test since I've only done them once.

I think it depends on where your weaknesses lie. Personally the only way I feel I can improve is to just see more questions so they become second-nature and to practice as much as possible so that I minimize careless mistakes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”