Should I Postpone?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Confused&Pissed

New

Should I Postpone?

Postby Confused&Pissed » Thu May 13, 2010 6:37 am

Sorry for yet another "should I postpone thread" but I need advice. I am currently averaging a 170 with -0 in LG, -3 to -4 in RC, and up to -8 in LR. I took a blueprint course which helped me ID question types and better visualize the stimulus, but I think I need more time. I usually narrow it down to 2 in LR and pick the wrong one. Without time constraints I can hit a 179-180, I just need to learn how to move a little faster and weed through the slight nuances in AC's. I studied pretty hardcore, but did not review PT's the way I should have (like knockglock). I am not sure if more time will help or if I have just maxed out. Is it silly to postpone until OCT?

FYI: I have a little one who still doesn't sleep through the night, and has been teething :( BC of this, studying for prolonged periods of time is difficult. I NEED to take more simulated test to prepare. I already have an LSAT on file (157) because I didn't get over the whole anxiety, timing issue BEFORE I sat for the test.

I am pretty sure I have accumulated enough test prep hours to qualify for an AA in test prep. PLZ HELP :?

shoop

Bronze

Re: Should I Postpone?

Postby shoop » Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am

Confused&Pissed wrote:Sorry for yet another "should I postpone thread" but I need advice. I am currently averaging a 170 with -0 in LG, -3 to -4 in RC, and up to -8 in LR. I took a blueprint course which helped me ID question types and better visualize the stimulus, but I think I need more time. I usually narrow it down to 2 in LR and pick the wrong one. Without time constraints I can hit a 179-180, I just need to learn how to move a little faster and weed through the slight nuances in AC's. I studied pretty hardcore, but did not review PT's the way I should have (like knockglock). I am not sure if more time will help or if I have just maxed out. Is it silly to postpone until OCT?

FYI: I have a little one who still doesn't sleep through the night, and has been teething :( BC of this, studying for prolonged periods of time is difficult. I NEED to take more simulated test to prepare. I already have an LSAT on file (157) because I didn't get over the whole anxiety, timing issue BEFORE I sat for the test.

I am pretty sure I have accumulated enough test prep hours to qualify for an AA in test prep. PLZ HELP :?

First, it is irrelevant that you can hit 179-180 without timing. Most clever 16-year-olds could do that.

Two things to think about:

1) In the next 2-3 weeks, do you think reviewing the PT's you've previously taken (even if it was a while ago) can help you identify the patterns of wrong responses? I mean, seriously sitting down, making a tally list of how many LR question types you got wrong over X tests, and then comparing the wrong responses in each type of question to see if there is a pattern of how you're going wrong?

2) If you postpone to October, how many "untainted" PTs will you have left to practice with in August/September? Have you already blown through all the available prep material, especially the 10 or 15 most recent tests?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�