Prep 26. Section 3. Question 24.

eternallearner

Postby eternallearner » Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 am

I got the correct answer by process of elimination. But can you explain the logic behind the answer?

Prep 27. Section 4. Question 25
Can you explain why (E) is the right choice? I interpret the correct answer choice to read: every reporter know the same amount of information. No on know more and no one knows less.

Thank you very much!

malfurion

Re: Prep 26. Section 3. Question 24.

Postby malfurion » Thu May 13, 2010 9:48 am

eternallearner wrote:Prep 26. Section 3. Question 24.
I got the correct answer by process of elimination. But can you explain the logic behind the answer?

(E) is the correct answer because it brings in new information that could destroy the argument. The argument would be correct if the only people who bought new cars were individuals. But suppose there are non-individuals (like corporations) that also buy new cars, and that, on average, they pay significantly more for new cars than individuals do. (E) says that there are more non-individuals buying cars now than in the past. So that means it's possible that individuals don't spend a higher percentage of their income on cars than they used to, because the non-individual purchases are the ones driving up the average.

I haven't taken PT#27 so can't help with your other question.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”