If you were to have it in any order?

theZeigs

If you were to have it in any order?

Postby theZeigs » Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 pm

I think there was a thread like this some time back, but I wonder about the new generation of LSATers...

If you were to have the 5 sections on test day in any order, what order and what sections?

I assume that most people would want to have their experimental section first, for warmup, since it's supposed to be in the first 3 sections, it can't be last and therefore can't be used up when you're burned out.

For me, it would be: experimental LG, LR, RC, <break> LR, LG or experimental LG, LR, LG, <break> LR, RC.

Basically, first section experimental LG, then LR, then either RC/LG, then LR, then LG/RC. I think that after the break you'd want to have one of your toughest sections, and I wouldn't personally want two LR's in a row.

I personally think the LG's are "fun" and that the RC is a "break" in that you get to chill and read, but the LR is all business. This might explain my preference :)

I also realize that this is a pointless thread because you can't choose on test day, but just for funsies...

taw856

Re: If you were to have it in any order?

Postby taw856 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:49 pm

I'd take RC, LR, LR, LG, exLG.

I'd perform worst on RC anyway, so might as well get it out of the way while warming up. And I'd miss between 0-2 on LG anyway, so might as well put it at the end when I'm tired and a section that's easier for me could be helpful.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue May 11, 2010 5:55 pm

There are: RC, LR, LR, LG, experimental

- experimental is some time after RC but sometime before the second LR
- experimental must be first, second, or third
- RC is first
- LG is after the first LR
- LG must be immediately before the second LR

taw856

Postby taw856 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Bert wrote:There are: RC, LR, LR, LG, experimental

- experimental is some time after RC but sometime before the second LR
- experimental must be first, second, or third
- RC is first
- LG is after the first LR
- LG must be immediately before the second LR

RC ex LR LG LR

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

1. LR
2. RC
3. LG (exp.)
4. LR
5. LG

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 pm

theZeigs wrote:I think there was a thread like this some time back, but I wonder about the new generation of LSATers...

If you were to have the 5 sections on test day in any order, what order and what sections?

I assume that most people would want to have their experimental section first, for warmup, since it's supposed to be in the first 3 sections, it can't be last and therefore can't be used up when you're burned out.

For me, it would be: experimental LG, LR, RC, <break> LR, LG or experimental LG, LR, LG, <break> LR, RC.

Basically, first section experimental LG, then LR, then either RC/LG, then LR, then LG/RC. I think that after the break you'd want to have one of your toughest sections, and I wouldn't personally want two LR's in a row.

I personally think the LG's are "fun" and that the RC is a "break" in that you get to chill and read, but the LR is all business. This might explain my preference :)

I also realize that this is a pointless thread because you can't choose on test day, but just for funsies...

:lol: I wish I felt that way about RC.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue May 11, 2010 8:48 pm

RC (I think this is the most mentally fatiguing section, so i'd want to do it first).
LR
experimental LG
LG
LR

I would want a solid break between the two LR sections, and I would want LG to be the experimental because it is the least mentally taxing (not necessarily vs LR and RC alone, but when viewed in the context of having to do either 2 RC, 2 LG, or 3 LR, i'd prefer to do the extra section of LG).

Northwestern2013ES

Postby Northwestern2013ES » Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm

LG, LG, LG, Break, LG, LG

But seriously: LR, LG, LR, Break, RC, LG

Whichever LG was experimental wouldn't matter. I don't miss any LG Qs. 'Cause I think it's kinda fun.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Worst case scenario:

LG
RC Exp
RC
LR
LR

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Scored games section first. After that, I don't care.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 am

LR, RC, LG (Exp), Break, LG, LR

Has anyone here successfully guessed their experimental?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed May 12, 2010 2:42 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:LR, RC, LG (Exp), Break, LG, LR

Has anyone here successfully guessed their experimental?

When I took a free Kaplan diagnostic w/ experimental section, I figured out that the experimental LG were in fact the experimental section. But on the real thing, I think this is risky. You should just buckle down and do the best you possibly can.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 pm

LR exLG LG RC LR

Worst case:

LR exLR LR RC LG

snodell

Postby snodell » Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm

LR
LG (Exp)
RC
Break
LR
LG

theZeigs

Postby theZeigs » Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:LR exLG LG RC LR

Worst case:

LR exLR LR RC LG

Is it possible to get three LR sections in a row? Has this ever happened to anyone? e.g LR LR LR (one is exp) <break> LG/RC

Personally, I think having three LR sections with two after the break would be the worst:

RC LG LR(exp) <break> LR LR

Though here you would know that the first LR section is the experimental. Matter of fact, I think this is the only way you could absolutely know that the section you are currently working on is an experimental; no other combination would inform you that the section you're working on is absolutely experimental, as far as I can think. Though it's been a long day.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:14 pm

theZeigs wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:LR exLG LG RC LR

Worst case:

LR exLR LR RC LG

Is it possible to get three LR sections in a row? Has this ever happened to anyone? e.g LR LR LR (one is exp) <break> LG/RC

Personally, I think having three LR sections with two after the break would be the worst:

RC LG LR(exp) <break> LR LR

Though here you would know that the first LR section is the experimental. Matter of fact, I think this is the only way you could absolutely know that the section you are currently working on is an experimental; no other combination would inform you that the section you're working on is absolutely experimental, as far as I can think. Though it's been a long day.

This is a good point. I don't think that they would ever have RC/LG, RC/LG, LR, break, LR, LR, but if they did that would be awesome. I would probably just go to mcdonalds at the beginning of the third section and come back in 50 minutes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”