Reading Comp Advice

Xnegd

Reading Comp Advice

Postby Xnegd » Mon May 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Four Weeks till the LSAT.

I wanted to post this in the June LSAT form, but due to the heavy traffic was afraid it might be lost, or answered and I unable to be found it due to the multitude of responses.

So, I've been making great strides in my test ability for LG and LR; however, RC has stayed the same. I'm at -10 or -12 every time. I used to get up at 5am to study pure RC from January till March before work, but never saw any improvement, so I started to focus on LR & LG, and that has been making my score go way up. I've kind of maxed out my potential there, but with my RC as it is, I can never pass the 91 percentile, which is below or just at the 25% for a plethora of schools.

My question is this: with four weeks to go, should I just focus on RC and hope I get better, or is that just too little time to improve, especially seeing as it didn't work before. I was waiting for that "click" moment I got with LR and LG, and it just hasn't happened with RC.

I'm thinking cost-benefit analysis, where at this point every one or two questions is a point, and can't decided if I should focus on getting 100% in RC or LG, or risk it and try and get better at RC. Four weeks seams like a very short a time, so if I compensate by putting my everything into it, I risk burn-out or not keeping up with the skills I've acquired thus far in LR or LG.

I just can't decide how to tackle my last four weeks. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks! :-)

SupraVln180

Re: Reading Comp Advice

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 pm

i have a hard time with RC too (I'm taking the October test). Honestly, best advice I can give you is try to become immersed in the passage. Act as if the passage is somewhat interesting and hope on test day the passage is kind of interesting. I'm extremely interested in science and when the passage is somewhat science, space or geology related, I usually go perfect for that passage. And another bit of advice, I've heard here on TLS, is try to sit down for like 5-6 hours on two or three different days before test day and do like 10 RC sections straight. You'll begin to see patterns in the passages and the questions they will ask you. I did it one time and I went from -13 RC on my diag. to -8 on my second PT. As for your situation, it can't hurt to try this late in the game.

Xnegd

Re: Reading Comp Advice

Postby Xnegd » Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”