Taking a LSAT at a large university. good or bad Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wjun15

Bronze

Taking a LSAT at a large university. good or bad

Post by wjun15 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:08 pm

So I'm registered for the LSAT on june 7th at the University of Washington (Kane Hall) and I have been trying to change my test center to a small location because I dont wan't to be in a big lecture hall with 60+ people and the desks there are really small.

Are there usually test centers that have normal classrooms? kind of like the SAT, where I took it among like 20 other students in a regular High school classroom. those classrooms usually have bigger desks.

If I take it at a big Uni like UW, are there like 15 proctors walking around me while i take the test?

I want to make sure I have the best testing conditions.

Thanks!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Taking a LSAT at a large university. good or bad

Post by bk1 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm

--LinkRemoved--

From what I'm reading, people say that the desks are small at U Dub and that it is only decent if you end up in the overflow rather than main room. I would try to change centers if you could. There are centers with normal classrooms, though I am not sure if there is one in your area on that date.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri May 07, 2010 5:19 pm

It's a crapshoot, really. The first time taking the test, I took the LSAT at what I thought would be a relatively small test center (a not-so-large hotel). However, I ended up in a conference room with 150 people and desks that had rough surfaces (bubbling was nearly impossible; we had to use index cards under our bubble sheets to get fully completed circles). We were in the test room from 12:00 PM for registration until 7:15. It was miserable.

The second time, I took the test at my university (which has over 20,000 students). They split the test group into 4 separate lecture centers of about 40-50 students apiece. The desks were nice and large and the proctors moved quickly; we started at 9:00 and were done by 1:30.

The experiences were night and day and ran totally counter to my expectations.

wjun15

Bronze

Post by wjun15 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:48 am

do the proctors walk around you and stuff? i hate that

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun May 09, 2010 12:57 am

wjun15 wrote:So I'm registered for the LSAT on june 7th at the University of Washington (Kane Hall) and I have been trying to change my test center to a small location because I dont wan't to be in a big lecture hall with 60+ people and the desks there are really small.

Are there usually test centers that have normal classrooms? kind of like the SAT, where I took it among like 20 other students in a regular High school classroom. those classrooms usually have bigger desks.

If I take it at a big Uni like UW, are there like 15 proctors walking around me while i take the test?

I want to make sure I have the best testing conditions.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat, but I don't really have a choice because it's the only test center within 100 miles, and the LSAT is during my finals week so I can't go much farther than that :cry: . I'm just going to suck it up and not let it affect my score at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”