Something I've noticed about LR sections Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
innocent_se

New

Something I've noticed about LR sections

Post by innocent_se » Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 pm

I find that one LR section is really difficult (and I'm pressed for time) and the other is quite easy in the PTs I've taken so far. Is this normal? Did the LSAC people do this on purpose?

quasi-stellar

New

Re: Something I've noticed about LR sections

Post by quasi-stellar » Fri May 07, 2010 1:04 am

There are some variations in difficulty between sections in any particular test form. I also noticed that there could be easier set of RC but that is compensated by slightly harder LR sections or a bit tougher games. The tests as a whole are more or less the same though when it comes to scoring all 4 sections.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 am

innocent_se wrote:I find that one LR section is really difficult (and I'm pressed for time) and the other is quite easy in the PTs I've taken so far. Is this normal? Did the LSAC people do this on purpose?
I've noticed this as well to some degree.

hemm

Bronze

Post by hemm » Fri May 07, 2010 2:51 am

I feel the same. I'll struggle with one LR section and breeze (relatively speaking!) through the second.

robotdreams

New

Post by robotdreams » Fri May 07, 2010 12:01 pm

innocent_se wrote:I find that one LR section is really difficult (and I'm pressed for time) and the other is quite easy in the PTs I've taken so far. Is this normal? Did the LSAC people do this on purpose?
haha that's a comfort, I noticed that too. Just did LR sections and struggled insanely for one of the sections -.-

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm

As far as I know, it's pretty common for one LR section to be harder than the other. If I look at my students' scores on each test, usually one consistently causes several more wrong answers than the other, so that's pretty good evidence that it's true.

Come to think of it, I have no idea why LSAC would do this.

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Like the two LRs in PT 25. IMO, the second one is much harder than the first one. I missed 4 in the first one but missed 8 in the second while thinking i did great when i was finished. Little did i know, Law Services ensnared me with several "shell game answers" in the 2nd LR.

innocent_se

New

Post by innocent_se » Fri May 07, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, but the differences are quite large. For PT 32 I got 8 wrong in the first LR section and 1 wrong in the 2nd LR section (the greatest disparity so far). Maybe the first LR had a lot of a particular type of question I struggle with.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri May 07, 2010 6:42 pm

I found on PT 28 that the 1st LR was much more difficult than the 2nd LR. This was the instance which I noticed it the most, and even made a notation of it on my prep test tracking spreadsheet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”