Practicing Games by Type

AVBucks4239

Practicing Games by Type

Postby AVBucks4239 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:57 am

I hear a lot of people recommend practicing a bunch of games of the same type consecutively. When employing this strategy, how specific should you be when organizing the games? For the record I have every game from PT's 1-20, 29-38, and 47-55.

So, should I organize them simply like this:
Basic Linear
Advanced Linear
Sequencing
Grouping
Grouping/Linear Combination
Etc.

Or, should I organize them more specifically, like this:
Basic Linear- Balanced
Basic Linear- Unbalanced (Overfunded)
Grouping- Defined
Grouping- Undefined
Grouping- Defined-Fixed
Grouping- Defined-Moving
Etc.

What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance.

pilawpcv

Re: Practicing Games by Type

Postby pilawpcv » Thu May 06, 2010 1:05 am

I'm by no means an expert, but it seems to me you would want to practice with the broader groupings so you get practice in distinguishing among sub-groups without being told. This is a logical step before taking full games section and having to distinguish the game type without being told.

lsatgenius

Postby lsatgenius » Thu May 06, 2010 2:12 am

I second the broader organization. The balanced/unbalanced/overfunded/underfunded/fixed/moving make the organization process more confusing than it has to be.

Don't do the games from 47-55 until after you have first taken them as full length tests.

AVBucks4239

Postby AVBucks4239 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:26 am

lsatgenius wrote:I second the broader organization. The balanced/unbalanced/overfunded/underfunded/fixed/moving make the organization process more confusing than it has to be.

Don't do the games from 47-55 until after you have first taken them as full length tests.

Thanks to both responses. I had a hunch this was the way to go but wasn't entirely sure.

As for your second recommendation, I had that already planned. Starting this Saturday I am doing full length PT's every 3 days, which will take me to PT 58 or 59 by test day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”