Low on Study Time: Preptests that I should focus on?

bigdatty

Low on Study Time: Preptests that I should focus on?

Postby bigdatty » Wed May 05, 2010 12:14 am

Hello all,

Taking the exam in June, working full time. I completed both Powerscore Bibles (Games and Logical Reasoning) and have been working on preptests only. I completed the "10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests" already and am about to take on the "next 10" and the "10 more" and so on, but am running out of time to do them all, in addition to the -- 15 or so? -- new ones. I have been averaging mid 160's on the first 10, hoping to push to high 160s - low 170s.

Should I be focusing on the new ones and ignore the older ones? Are there certain preptests that people have come across that they noted are more valuable than others? How many of the "newer" tests are sufficient to get a feel of the new exam style?

Alot of questions, I know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

D. H2Oman

Re: Low on Study Time: Preptests that I should focus on?

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 05, 2010 12:19 am

Test 23, 42, 48 and the special edition released test that wasn't actually used # 62

Definitely take those 4, if you don't have time at least take number 62 that one is key.

afa_brandon

Postby afa_brandon » Wed May 05, 2010 12:28 am

bigdatty wrote:Hello all,

Taking the exam in June, working full time. I completed both Powerscore Bibles (Games and Logical Reasoning) and have been working on preptests only. I completed the "10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests" already and am about to take on the "next 10" and the "10 more" and so on, but am running out of time to do them all, in addition to the -- 15 or so? -- new ones. I have been averaging mid 160's on the first 10, hoping to push to high 160s - low 170s.

Should I be focusing on the new ones and ignore the older ones? Are there certain preptests that people have come across that they noted are more valuable than others? How many of the "newer" tests are sufficient to get a feel of the new exam style?

Alot of questions, I know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

No idea what your schedule is like, but i would figure out which days you can spare 3-4 hours for a prep test. then, count backwards from PT 59, and do that many. The later tests (40 and up) are your biggest priority. Every other test should be left for either pulling sections for experimental sections in your preptests, or for doing the sections untimed to work on "mastery"

In this last stretch of studying, i try to do a prep test every other day, and do sections from PT 19-38 whenever i get a chance (logic games for me, but whatever your weakest section is)

AVBucks4239

Postby AVBucks4239 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:45 am

Without question, you should focus on the more recent tests. I am in a similar time-crunch (20 hours this quarter + working part time) and I am focusing on the recent tests.

Before even starting, ask yourself this--how many preptests can you really do before June 7? Two per week? Three? Five every two weeks? Then, once you figure that out, buy that many of the most recent preptests and do them from oldest to newest.

For instance, if you can do two per week, your schedule should be as follows:
Week of May 10: PT's 52 and 53
Week of May 17: PT's 54 and 55.
Week of May 24: PT's 56 and 57.
Week of May 31: PT's 58 and 59.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”