next step for LG?

afa_brandon

next step for LG?

Postby afa_brandon » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

So i've gone through both "next 10.." and "10 more.." doing each logic game 1-2x. i started PTs, and am averaging in the 171-174 range, but still getting 5-6 wrong on the LGs. i usually run out of time on the last game, and get 0-1 wrong between the other 3.

Should i just redo those two books? i also have 2008 kaplan mastery that i haven't touched. are logic games before PT 19 worth doing?

finally, how much "easier" do LGs get post-40? i'm on PT 40, with Superprep and PT 39 done under 5-section testing conditions

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Re: next step for LG?

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

You didn't mention any books on strategy. While they are not necessary, they might be for you. I suggest you not simply do more and more games, but learn some approaches. You may be doing too much trial and error to finish on time and with high accuracy.

I like our books - you can download some chapters here http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-books.cfm - but I'm biased!

Good luck!

fiftyonefifty

Postby fiftyonefifty » Tue May 04, 2010 1:17 pm

games 40 and beyond are easier than the prior years. Though, it gets trickier with the more recent exams. if you're missing 5-6 now I'd say you will do a lot better on the recent exams.

Just keep taking them and repeat. learn how to set up and how to spot inferences.

afa_brandon

Postby afa_brandon » Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:You didn't mention any books on strategy. While they are not necessary, they might be for you. I suggest you not simply do more and more games, but learn some approaches. You may be doing too much trial and error to finish on time and with high accuracy.

I like our books - you can download some chapters here http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-books.cfm - but I'm biased!

Good luck!

thanks for the rec--i've read the PS LG bible and then reviewed it

lsatgenius

Postby lsatgenius » Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Yes, logic games before PT19 are worth doing, as long as you make sure to do the more recent ones before the test.

In my opinion:
recent LG >> LG before PT 19 >> fake LG

Close Diamond

Postby Close Diamond » Tue May 04, 2010 4:04 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:games 40 and beyond are easier than the prior years. Though, it gets trickier with the more recent exams. if you're missing 5-6 now I'd say you will do a lot better on the recent exams.

Just keep taking them and repeat. learn how to set up and how to spot inferences.

I've noticed this trend on the past 4 tests. February 6th was not pleasant for me.

afa_brandon

Postby afa_brandon » Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am

just a followup for those in the same predicament: i've been doing LGs frequently inbetween preptests, and every experimental i include is an LG section. this, coupled with the noticeable decrease in difficulty with later LG sections, have resulted in my avg score in LG being around 0-1 wrong.

my advice to those who experience similar trends: don't get cocky. still give every LG the respect it deserves. I got careless on the June 07 PT, and ran out of time for the last game, resulting in 3 wrong in the section (except, I was convinced it was more, so it shook me for the next section)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”