June 2010 LSAT: GSU test site roll call!

legalized

June 2010 LSAT: GSU test site roll call!

Postby legalized » Tue May 04, 2010 12:51 am

Just wondering on my little break who else is going to be sitting the June 2010 LSAT at Georgia State.

If you have already tested there, please tell us what to expect! Esp. as far as are the seating arrangements cramped, was there anything ridiculous going on from the proctor/other test-takers, where on the campus the site is located, etc.

justnomore.3x5s

Re: June 2010 LSAT: GSU test site roll call!

Postby justnomore.3x5s » Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 am

I'll be there!

I can't give you any helpful information though as this is my first time taking the LSAT and none of my friends have taken it there. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

sarahd

Postby sarahd » Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 am

I took the Feb 09 test there...it was a nightmare, tbh.

The desks were small, enough room to hold either the test booklet or the answer sheet, and with some careful placement I was able to keep an extra pencil on my desk. We were packed in like sardines with barely enough room between the columns of desks for people to walk sideways and I could feel the person behind me breathe.

The building, that day, was crazy busy with other tests as well and the building was not closed for non test takers which resulted in someone bouncing a basketball off the walls of the classroom upstairs from us during the last 10 minutes of the last section, the proctor running in a panic to stop them, and not extending time, etc.

Not sure if that is normal for test centers, or normal for this one, but if you expect chaos, you will be fine :D

helloscriptkitti

Postby helloscriptkitti » Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

I was actually hoping I could take it at Ga. State, but they filled up pretty fast. I have to take it at CAU. I was thinking that Ga. State would be a little less lively than CAU, but judging from the previous post, maybe not...

legalized

Postby legalized » Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm

sarahd wrote:I took the Feb 09 test there...it was a nightmare, tbh.

The desks were small, enough room to hold either the test booklet or the answer sheet, and with some careful placement I was able to keep an extra pencil on my desk. We were packed in like sardines with barely enough room between the columns of desks for people to walk sideways and I could feel the person behind me breathe.

The building, that day, was crazy busy with other tests as well and the building was not closed for non test takers which resulted in someone bouncing a basketball off the walls of the classroom upstairs from us during the last 10 minutes of the last section, the proctor running in a panic to stop them, and not extending time, etc.

Not sure if that is normal for test centers, or normal for this one, but if you expect chaos, you will be fine :D

CRAP I knew I should have chosen a center north of me! Dammit!

legalized

Postby legalized » Tue May 04, 2010 2:27 pm

helloscriptkitti wrote:I was actually hoping I could take it at Ga. State, but they filled up pretty fast. I have to take it at CAU. I was thinking that Ga. State would be a little less lively than CAU, but judging from the previous post, maybe not...

Man I can't believe it, I am so glad I chose early because I would have been SOL if I had waited til now! I just went to see if I could change my test center...and every single location is full, they are not letting you even see an option!

Sucks to be anyone who didn't already register here. Guess I will practice on a smaller surface than my dinner table closer to test time. *sad face*

CAU is what...clark atlanta? I chose GSU cause if my car decides to try a murphy's law on me, I live right by the metro, I can hope on it and get the whole parking thing to be a nonissue. But I have not yet checked out how far the law school is from the side of GSU that has the metro stop and I may just be more comfortable driving so I know everything I need is one 15 minute break away in the car, if anything.

pobeda

Postby pobeda » Tue May 04, 2010 2:41 pm

I will be there. I took LSAT last December in Gainesville State since I registered late and there were no seats at GSU. This year I registered as soon as registration became available. I hope GSU will provide a better classroom for the test though.

sarahd

Postby sarahd » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm

legalized wrote: But I have not yet checked out how far the law school is from the side of GSU that has the metro stop and I may just be more comfortable driving so I know everything I need is one 15 minute break away in the car, if anything.

The testing was done in the general classroom building a couple of blocks from the marta station...pretty close, but further away than the law school. The law school building classrooms would have been nice for testing, but again, we were in the general classroom building...yuck!

legalized

Postby legalized » Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 pm

sarahd wrote:
legalized wrote: But I have not yet checked out how far the law school is from the side of GSU that has the metro stop and I may just be more comfortable driving so I know everything I need is one 15 minute break away in the car, if anything.

The testing was done in the general classroom building a couple of blocks from the marta station...pretty close, but further away than the law school. The law school building classrooms would have been nice for testing, but again, we were in the general classroom building...yuck!

lol you caught my logic flaw there. Should have said testing room not law school...lol @ me assuming law school testing is going on in the law school. Thanks for that.

Knowing me I will end up driving just to stay in my zone and not have the various strangers of public transport in my face when I need to be focused on that test.

helloscriptkitti

Postby helloscriptkitti » Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm

[quote="legalized"]
CAU is what...clark atlanta?

Yes CAU = Clark Atlanta. I'm not familiar with the school at all, just figured that there would be more distractions there being that many of the students stay on campus and are prob more involved in school activities, as opposed to Ga. State. Maybe it will be a little more laid back since it will be summer. I should have signed up for the one at Herzing when I had a chance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”