Took June '06 PT today and got the worst score ever

CMDantes

Took June '06 PT today and got the worst score ever

Postby CMDantes » Sat May 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Feeling extremely upset and panic-ridden. The test is in 36 days. I can't get 156's on PT's and expect to achieve my goal.

Someone please regale me with inspiring stories of getting a practice test dip before experiencing a huge increase in scores.

Please.

I'm stressing out.

modestsquirrel

Re: Took June '06 PT today and got the worst score ever

Postby modestsquirrel » Sat May 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Friendly advice: Prepare yourself for a reschedule. Take the summer to study then murder the LSAT. Bring your practice score up alot. If you arent breaking 160 on a regular basis then you may want to reconsider law school. The good news is the test is completley learnable and with time and practice you will improve. I had 142 diagnostic ---> 165 dec 2009 test

afa_brandon

Postby afa_brandon » Sat May 01, 2010 11:55 pm

CMDantes wrote:Feeling extremely upset and panic-ridden. The test is in 36 days. I can't get 156's on PT's and expect to achieve my goal.

Someone please regale me with inspiring stories of getting a practice test dip before experiencing a huge increase in scores.

Please.

I'm stressing out.

don't sweat it! LSAT prep goes the same way whether you're a 175 or a 135: analyze what you did wrong, why you did it, and do it differently next time. Figure out patterns in your incorrect answers and work to correct those patterns, ie, consistently misreading stimuli or failing to make key inferences in logic games.

set a goal for yourself that's reasonable. Don't put the cart before the horse by picking a law school and saying "alright, now i just need a 170 on the lsat, and i'm in." take the LSAT, then make decisions about legal education--it'll alleviate your stress about the LSAT, and probably raise your score a little.

in the end, remember: you're en route to going to law school--that's pretty amazing, whether you go T14 or TTT

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Really depends. If the 156 was not the normal, then don't worry too much. Just figure out what you were doing (i.e. stress, sleep, too much studying etc.) or what about the test caused the low score. If thats your PT average, you have cause for concern and may want to think about a reschedule.

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Sun May 02, 2010 12:05 am

Thanks for the replies.

It definitely wasn't the norm. I think it had to do with the fact that I always use a LG section for the experimental and this particular practice test has an LG section at the beginning. Two back to back LG sections kill me, as I found out today.

Other factors I think may have contributed: extremely full belly, really strong desire to pass out, and midway through the test I just could not shake the feeling of not giving a damn about what I was doing. I kept getting extremely frustrated and I think that affected my score also. It was like the words just stopped making sense to me, I couldn't stop traps, etc.

modestsquirrel

Postby modestsquirrel » Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 am

I can relate to the extremely full belly killing all motivation.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sun May 02, 2010 12:08 am

afa_brandon wrote:in the end, remember: you're en route to going to law school--that's pretty amazing, whether you go T14 or TTT

*Watches in anticipation as TLSers everywhere see the "Someone's Optimistic About a Non-T14 Law School on the Interwebz!" signal shine into the sky, and rush to their keyboards.*

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”