Retaking after deposits? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Retake: Yes or No?

Retake
86%
Don't Retake
14%

Total votes: 7

PirateCap'n

Silver

Retaking after deposits?

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 am

I know there are a couple of other threads about this, but I thought I would ask anyway. I've basically decided on my school. However, I'm tempted to take the LSAT in June just to see if I do significantly better than I did before (mid-160s first time around). I would have about a month to devote solely to study for the LSAT. I've got the Powerscore books and everything. With a >3.9 GPA, if I scored a good deal higher (upper-160s-170s), it would likely be worth it to take the year off and reapply again next cycle, right? If I scored lower, I wouldn't lose anything (other than it going on my LSAC record), correct? If it matters, my score was 1 point below my practice test average (so it's probably a good indicator), but I got as high as a 169 and 170 on a couple of practice tests. Any thoughts?

Edit: Added Poll
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Retaking after deposits?

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 am

Take the year off and reapply is TCR.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:22 am

PirateCap'n wrote: If I scored lower, I wouldn't lose anything (other than it going on my LSAC record), correct?
Would there be any other consequences for people who have already submitted a deposit if you scored lower? Obviously they could not revoke your admission for it, but would anything else happen?

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 am

Has anyone ever done this, scored higher and had their scholarship raised for that same year, without applying the following cycle?

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 am

If you retake and do worse, you will end up wasting a month to study when you could have enjoyed that month of freedom doing things you won't be able to do while in law school.

If you retake and do better, then you have everything to gain.

I voted retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”