LG preptest #27; lizard game (2nd, q 7-12) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cord

New

LG preptest #27; lizard game (2nd, q 7-12)

Post by cord » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:12 pm

This game, for me, is crazy hard. I'm stuck on question 11. The distribution which applies here seems to be 2-2-1-2-0 but I cant figure out a configuration which places the snakes away from each other. Am i ignoring something obvious?

Any general help with how one did this game super fast would also be helpful, besides just help on question 11.

Thanks.

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Re: LG preptest #27; lizard game (2nd, q 7-12)

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:40 pm

You're correct about the distribution. Since the third habitat is unoccupied, and the snakes cannot be in adjacent habitats, each snake pair must be adjacent to one of the lizard habitats. The following diagram proves the validity of choice B.

This game is regularly cited as one of the toughest and/or most time consuming of all time, so don't be too discouraged.

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Yes, don't be discouraged. I don't have anything to add to that explanation but just wanted to say that it is normal to run across some games like this that will make you feel like you don't get it. Just come back to this game after you practice/study more. It will look different, believe me. I was so frustrated with games like this one at first but by the time I took the test I didn't make any mistakes on the games section so good things can happen.

cord

New

Post by cord » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

thanks for the love A, and Cambridge -- thanks. My mistake was silly, and led to wrong answers throughout the game: i mistook the last rule to mean that any combination of lizard and snake of different genders could not be side by side.

thanks again, guys. i have less than 1.5 months, till test day!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”