parallel reasoning

yurishima

parallel reasoning

Postby yurishima » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:48 am

I would be a much happier man if these were no where near the lsat. My LR is pretty strong aside from this question type, but it throws me off, frustrates me, and wastes my time, thus conflicting with the greater scheme of things.

Any advice that isn't in publication? I've checked out powerscore and the kaplan mastery for pr, but I'm still having difficulty. I already skip them during pretests as soon as I see them, but I have to face my fears at some point!

Mr. Smith

Re: parallel reasoning

Postby Mr. Smith » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 am

yurishima wrote:I would be a much happier man if these were no where near the lsat. My LR is pretty strong aside from this question type, but it throws me off, frustrates me, and wastes my time, thus conflicting with the greater scheme of things.

Any advice that isn't in publication? I've checked out powerscore and the kaplan mastery for pr, but I'm still having difficulty. I already skip them during pretests as soon as I see them, but I have to face my fears at some point!

Ya, they suck. I think the thing for me is to just think symmetry. Make both statements as symmetrical as possible. Make sure they match in the number of variables, in the formal logic, in the reasoning.

Replacing the variables with X,Y,Z seemed to help for me with this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”