Best way to raise my LSAT? Here's my situation...

NorCalBaby

Best way to raise my LSAT? Here's my situation...

Postby NorCalBaby » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 am

I’m scoring between 162-164 on my practice tests. I’ve taken a Kaplan class and about 10 practice tests. This is what I’ve done so far. Where should I go from here. I’ve got a 3.5 GPA so I’m banking on the LSAT to get me T14 or T30 with money. Are the Bibles or Testmasters my best bet now? Any and all advice is much appreciated.

BriaTharen

Re: Best way to raise my LSAT? Here's my situation...

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 am

NorCalBaby wrote:I’m scoring between 162-164 on my practice tests. I’ve taken a Kaplan class and about 10 practice tests. This is what I’ve done so far. Where should I go from here. I’ve got a 3.5 GPA so I’m banking on the LSAT to get me T14 or T30 with money. Are the Bibles or Testmasters my best bet now? Any and all advice is much appreciated.

If you have taken Kaplan, you've probably got the technique. You just need practice. Do more practice tests.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

NorCalBaby wrote:I’m scoring between 162-164 on my practice tests. I’ve taken a Kaplan class and about 10 practice tests. This is what I’ve done so far. Where should I go from here. I’ve got a 3.5 GPA so I’m banking on the LSAT to get me T14 or T30 with money. Are the Bibles or Testmasters my best bet now? Any and all advice is much appreciated.

I found the Bibles to be awesome -- got me to a 176. But I have no clue if they would be helpful to you after that course as I have no idea what that course entails. Why don't you go to a bookstore and look at the Bibles (Logical Reasoning and Logic Games) and see if it looks as if something in there is different from what you did so far. And yes, do tons of practice tests. I I think I did every practice test under the sun.

Kchuck

Postby Kchuck » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Not trying to be a dick, and I'm sure you're aware of this, but you're certainly not going to get into t-14 or even t-30 with a 164. You're likely going to need to crack the 170s for t-14. Though I haven't been able to break that mark on the actual test, I'd certainly encourage you to exhaust all options by taking tons of practice tests (under strictly timed conditions) and going through the Powerscore bibles. Just make sure you keep working and do not get complacent.

tartugas

Postby tartugas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:20 pm

You're in pretty much the same place I was a month ago when I decided to pony up the money for an online prep (I'm doing the BP course). It's really helping me out a lot in terms of confidence (but I'm about a week away from the next PT, so I can't give a testimonial to actual score improvement yet). That said, it's a lot of work and if you chose to go in that direction you would need to plan to be working at least 6 hours almost every day on prep. If that's doable for you, I'd say go ahead and give it a shot.

Bottom line, structure, discipline, and a lot of hard work will be your friend at this point. You certainly can raise your score (you've proven to yourself you're capable of 160's and above already). I'd spend less time thinking about what schools your shooting for and just concentrate on the score right now.

FWIW, I also found the PS Bibles to be very good and I also liked some of the Atlas material, but for me the BP course is the best thing I've done.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”