Take the LSAT in june?

sangr

Take the LSAT in june?

Postby sangr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 am

ugh, hate to ask this question..i know these types of questions must be asked so much, and I probably
need to do the most questioning of myself for this question but here goes:

So I've been taking Prep tests and they have been extremely erratic...taken about 15 of them. mostly in the 1-20 range.
I've gotten gotten up to a 170...and 160s..and in the past week ive even gotten in the 150s.
its pretty ridiculous and disheartening. However the june lsat for international test-takers is in about two months.

with this kind of pattern...from your guys' personal experiences/intuition/knowledge is it possible to get a
satisfactory score in two months time? I really dont know what is wrong with me.. past two-three tests
ive been finishing the LR section with about 3 questions leftover, because i tend to ponder upon one for a
long ass time. So my average tends to be about 4-6 wrong per section on LR...with RC being kinda erratic too
sometimes ill kill a logic games section ( 1-2 wrong) and sometimes ill get destroyed.

So my question i guess ultimately is...based on my testing patterns do you guys think there may be a specific
reason for this crazy up and down, or that i am just plain not attuned to the LSAT? and thus, whats some
possibility of a great score (170+) in the next 7 weeks.

Mr. Smith

Re: Take the LSAT in june?

Postby Mr. Smith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 am

You might just have to study and then decide closer to the date whether you're ready. I wouldn't take the test if you were scoring erratic, though.

vivalalsat

Postby vivalalsat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I hate to burst your bubble, but erratic preptests mean you aren't ready. I'd postpone until September.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm

If using up all your material isn't an issue, and you have been in the 160's, why not take the June?

I'm in a similar situation, pressed for time but solid PT's in the mid 160's. The way I see it, if I wait till October and mess up - I'll have to take December and wont have apps in until Jan.

Compared to taking June, even if I'm not as prepared as I can be, and then following up in October. Who knows, maybe the games on June will be relatively easy (which would allow me to have a good shot at 170)? I'm having a hard time finding a lot of negatives to taking it in June.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:57 pm

^^^ Agreed. While I haven't been scoring erratically, I haven't taken as many PT's as I should and am in the mid 160's as of now. I often worry that it took me so long to get my technique, that I don't have time to do solid PT work to max out my potential; however, I figure that improvement will come and that my score is decent now and if need be, I can keep improving this summer for October. I don't think there are many negatives to this approach, provided you are somewhere in the ball park of where you need to be with a bit of consistency. We still have time!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”