Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby iwanta170 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:36 pm

This morning I woke up, ate breakfast, took a hot shower, and then took half an adderall. Twenty minutes later, I started a self-proctored diagnostic. I noticed that for the entire first section (which was reading comprehension), I couldn't focus at all. I found myself re-reading sentences and not comprehending some of the main points. I felt the same way on the second section (logical reasoning) until about halfway through that section. When I was about halfway through the second section, I became much more focused. After that, focus was not a problem for me.

Here's how I did:
Overall Score 156

Reading Comprehension: 18 right, 10 wrong
Logical Reasoning 1: 15 right, 10 wrong (6 of the 10 wrong were the first 13 questions. I went 8 for 12 after that)
Games: 17 right, 5 wrong
Logical Reasoning 2: 20 right, 5 wrong

Can anyone explain to me why I struggled with focus at the beginning? Is it just a coincidence, is it because I didn't wait long enough after taking the half adderall to start the diagnostic, or could it be something else?

Thanks everyone

User avatar
KmissP
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby KmissP » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Um, I dunno. I usually wait about two hours before trying to play sports after I take my 'roids.

xyzzzzzzzz
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm

have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby T14_Scholly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:45 pm

You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby iwanta170 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

This was my second time taking adderall. The last time I also took half a pill and it was about 1.5 weeks ago on a different diagnostic. On that test I got 157 and waited 40 minutes to take the test. I had less problem focusing on that test than the one I took today. I expected to go up on this test from the 157 because of all of the work I have put in the last few weeks.

T14_Scholly wrote:You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

Am I mistaken that adderall is designed to help focus?

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:56 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose



Yeah, you really are building up a resistance, I mean it's slight and you can do it if you want. But I don't think it will really even help you on practice tests.

I would never ever ever advise taking three on a regular basis, but this is such a big test. It will help you, you'll be an LSAT machine!!

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm

in a way, adderall is meant for ADHD brains

if you dont have that, it may not help (and could hurt) you

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby kn6542 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you were just a bit more aware of how you were focusing when you started the exam. So you might have been a bit distracted with thoughts of "is this stuff working? how am I doing now?" Watching your own mind can take up a fair amount of brain energy. You also may have just noticed your thoughts and thinking in general and how it wasn't "focused." So while your ability to focus was no diff at first than it usually is, you were paying more attn to it and it stood out more.

Also, you probably thought about this, but it takes some time for these things to kick in. They usually last about 4 hrs in an average person, peaking at about 2 hrs after you take it. That might explain why you didn't notice anything until you got the second section. You have to experiment with the dosage a bit to find what works right for you. This isn't dependent on body weight, like other medications, but on brain chemistry.

Also, some ppl have opposite effects to stimulants. That is, they can make you groggy, sluggish, etc. (A similar thing can happen with some ppl with "downers", like xanax, where ppl will get hyper from them.) This can happen to some ppl at one dosage, with the intended effect happening at a diff dosage. So someone might have opposite effects at 5mg and the intended effect at 10mg, or vice versa. There might be some of that going on, at the dosage you took. That's why you have to experiment a bit with it. Take 3/4 pill next time, then 1 full pill, and see how the different dosages make you feel.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose



Yeah, you really are building up a resistance, I mean it's slight and you can do it if you want. But I don't think it will really even help you on practice tests.

I would never ever ever advise taking three on a regular basis, but this is such a big test. It will help you, you'll be an LSAT machine!!


i hope iwanta doesnt actually believe you and ends up screwing himself over lol

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby dvd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:58 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

This was my second time taking adderall. The last time I also took half a pill and it was about 1.5 weeks ago on a different diagnostic. On that test I got 157 and waited 40 minutes to take the test. I had less problem focusing on that test than the one I took today. I expected to go up on this test from the 157 because of all of the work I have put in the last few weeks.

T14_Scholly wrote:You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

Am I mistaken that adderall is designed to help focus?

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose


Don't trust H20Man's post...if you do that you will do terribly.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby Mce252 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I can only speak for my own reactions to adderall but since I do not need the medication for ADD, it has adverse effects. I become so focused that my attention to detail is a distraction.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby kn6542 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.



No, you really wouldn't build up resistance at that level. There is this thing called homeostasis. A week is plenty of time for you body to readjust after 1 pill. You are going to need to experiment to find out what is going to work for you, though.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby iwanta170 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:03 pm

So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby 09042014 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:05 pm

dvd wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

This was my second time taking adderall. The last time I also took half a pill and it was about 1.5 weeks ago on a different diagnostic. On that test I got 157 and waited 40 minutes to take the test. I had less problem focusing on that test than the one I took today. I expected to go up on this test from the 157 because of all of the work I have put in the last few weeks.

T14_Scholly wrote:You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

Am I mistaken that adderall is designed to help focus?

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose


Don't trust H20Man's post...if you do that you will do terribly.


I followed the waterman method too. And guess what, we both did well. Also look at both our GPA's. We both have 2.8's. How can you go from retarded enough to pull 2.8's at state schools to 172+? By doing the above.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 pm

iwanta170 wrote:So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?


1 hour before the test, take the two, at the break after section three pull out the one from your pocket and pop that one too. I don't why people are saying this doesn't work (theory=I think some of this sites trolls really hate people who use adderall so they would try to screw over a person who does it) But seriously, it worked great for me and many other people I know we all maxed out our scores.

User avatar
KibblesAndVick
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby KibblesAndVick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:07 pm

iwanta170 wrote:So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?


The problem is that you took the pill orally. For the best results you need to crush it up and snort it. It gets into your bloodstream faster and you won't experience the first section doldrums.

+1 to D.H20man. With Adderall, like with LSAT scores, more is always better.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby kn6542 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:08 pm

iwanta170 wrote:So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?


My advice is to take it so that it is near peaking about when you start the exam (about 1 hour), and take a second dose some time toward the end of the first third or middle of the exam to keep the effects up. Like I said, if you want to use this for the exam, you will need to experiment a bit to see when it peaks for you, how much gives you the best effects, etc. You definitely want to sort this out before the actual test.

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby autarkh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:10 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!


I'm pretty sure you meant this facetiously (or to sabotage the OP).

If it was meant seriously, this is HORRIBLE advice. I'm not going to debate the ethical implications of taking addy for the test without a prescription. That's for you to decide. This much is certain, though: it's a TERRIBLE idea to fuck with your brain chemistry without first seeing how you react to it. Especially on a test that requires your full mental accuity.

If you're going to use addy, practice with it. And if you can't practice with it, don't take it.
Last edited by autarkh on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
dvd wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

This was my second time taking adderall. The last time I also took half a pill and it was about 1.5 weeks ago on a different diagnostic. On that test I got 157 and waited 40 minutes to take the test. I had less problem focusing on that test than the one I took today. I expected to go up on this test from the 157 because of all of the work I have put in the last few weeks.

T14_Scholly wrote:You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

Am I mistaken that adderall is designed to help focus?

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose


Don't trust H20Man's post...if you do that you will do terribly.


I followed the waterman method too. And guess what, we both did well. Also look at both our GPA's. We both have 2.8's. How can you go from retarded enough to pull 2.8's at state schools to 172+? By doing the above.


TITCR

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby BruceBarr » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
dvd wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:have you taken adderall before? have you taken a pt before?

This was my second time taking adderall. The last time I also took half a pill and it was about 1.5 weeks ago on a different diagnostic. On that test I got 157 and waited 40 minutes to take the test. I had less problem focusing on that test than the one I took today. I expected to go up on this test from the 157 because of all of the work I have put in the last few weeks.

T14_Scholly wrote:You took adderall and you can't figure out why you couldn't focus? Do you have half a brain?

Am I mistaken that adderall is designed to help focus?

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!

Am I really building up a resistance if I'm just taking 1/2 or 1 adderall pill ONCE a week? That is because I am only planning on taking 1 diagnostic a week until the test.

Interesting advice about taking 3 adderall tablets for one test. My other friend recommended I take half before and half during the break, OR 1 full one before and 1/2 during the break. Are you sure taking 2 before and 1 during the break won't make me go crazy? Seems like a large dose


Don't trust H20Man's post...if you do that you will do terribly.


I followed the waterman method too. And guess what, we both did well. Also look at both our GPA's. We both have 2.8's. How can you go from retarded enough to pull 2.8's at state schools to 172+? By doing the above.


Or by being smart slackers... one of the two.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby AngryAvocado » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:12 pm

KibblesAndVick wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?


The problem is that you took the pill orally. For the best results you need to crush it up and snort it. It gets into your bloodstream faster and you won't experience the first section doldrums.

+1 to D.H20man. With Adderall, like with LSAT scores, more is always better.


+2. I took 4 adderall, and I scored 4 points above my PT average. Now I wish I took 8!!

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm

If you're going to resort to illegal substances, go for fucking broke dude!!! Don't be a PUSSY!!

--ImageRemoved--

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby acdisagod » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:I have a lot of experience with adderall and the LSAT. Here's the three things you should know

1. Don't take them for practice tests, you're building up a resistance and people can never fully focus when they know it's practice so they end up actually doing worse.

2. 30 Minutes before you take the actually test, take 2 adderall tablets. Pop in a third one during the break, this will give you a second wind. This is perfect amount to take during the test so that you will maintain your hyper focus.

3. Enjoy the T14 w/ scholly!



As funny as that would be, pelase don't kill the poor kid. IF you take three adderall tablets without taking them before you will be more likely to geta heart attack than break 160.

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Took half an adderall and a diagnostic this morning..

Postby dvd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:19 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:So how long after I take the pill am I really supposed to wait until I start the test for the best results?


1 hour before the test, take the two, at the break after section three pull out the one from your pocket and pop that one too. I don't why people are saying this doesn't work (theory=I think some of this sites trolls really hate people who use adderall so they would try to screw over a person who does it) But seriously, it worked great for me and many other people I know we all maxed out our scores.


You're right...I'll be honest, I had never taken a PT before my December LSAT, and I pulled a 177 by snorting 2 adderall before the exam, and two more at the break. H2Oman's is TCR.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawcapture, OneMoreShot and 5 guests