More sources for games

shock259

More sources for games

Postby shock259 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 am

Hi guys,

I have all 3 of the "Actual" LSATs + the Kaplan books + Powerscores + Kaplan 180. All in all, I should have plenty of games. Sadly, I am starting to run out before I feel comfortable with them. Is there any place online that offers an LSAT type game with LSAT type questions? I'm working at about 10 minutes per game at 100% accuracy, but obviously need to bring it down a few minutes on each game.

I've photocopied what games I have left for repeats, but there aren't that many more to choose from. I can run through old ones I've forgotten on a separate sheet with just the prompt and do a "justify the answer" kind of thing, but I won't get the full experience.

Thanks in advance.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Re: More sources for games

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 am

If you haven't already, try re-playing games to get more efficient and train your brain to see what you want it to see.

We write some LSAT-like games to keep our instructors on their toes (and round out the number of games of certain types -- there aren't that many out there in the end). http://www.atlaslsat.com/logic-games-practice.cfm There are also forum discussions about each game that you can participate in: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/fortnig ... s-f14.html

Probably the best part is that we include a fetching picture with each game :) (or, the fact that you can win a book or cash discount if you answer the game correctly).

Have fun!

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:42 am

I ordered "Ace the Lsat Logic Games" by get prepped. They have 70 original games or something, laid out in LSAT format. I'm beggining to realize there's nothing like the real thing though. They design those questions so carefully. For instance I've noticed if you fall for one of their misleading phrasing of a rule, you can usually get the first few correct anyway, and then only later does the mistake come into play. A few times i've forgotten about a difficult rule entirely (such as a sufficent/necc condition in an ordered linear) until the last two questions and then scrambled back to redo my answers, only to realize that the rule didn't come into play until the very end.

noelleF

Postby noelleF » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 pm

shock259 wrote:I have all 3 of the "Actual" LSATs + the Kaplan books + Powerscores + Kaplan 180. All in all, I should have plenty of games. Sadly, I am starting to run out before I feel comfortable with them.

hmm, not sure which "kaplan books" you are talking about. assuming they are not the kaplan course books, the grouped by game type book has all the games from preptest 1-20, which are from before most of the 3 "10 actual" books. if you have the complete set of kaplan course books, you should have every game in print...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”