LSAT Connect iPhone/iPod Touch Application

LSAT Connect iPhone/iPod Touch Application

Postby Übermensch » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Has anyone used LSAT Connect? It is an iPhone/iPod Touch application available through Apple's App Store. At $29.99 (U.S.), it is about as expensive as most printed LSAT preparation material. Is the application worth it? I guess it is useful to get in some practice wherever you are, but the application hardly mimics real testing conditions. Does it use real questions?

Re: LSAT Connect iPhone/iPod Touch Application

Postby MSachmorov » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 pm

I am curious about this as well...

Postby LNS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 am

I purchased the "Lite" version of LSAT Connect just to see what it is like, and it has some helpful features (timing yourself, explanations of why answers were right and wrong, calculates your score, lets you focus on either an entire test or on an individual question), but the app's disclaimer says that LSAC is in no way affiliated with the content. The "Lite" version is nice to have, just to kill time when I'm out and still stay focused on the LSAT, but I would in no way think of it as a major study tool.

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 am

I have the Lite version and am honestly not impressed at all. It's nice for getting in a few quick study questions. That said, the questions are generally poorly written and well below the difficulty of the actual LSAT questions. I feel like it would give you a false sense of security about your level of preparation.

Postby Sequoia90 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

oh boy, if you had an ANDROID you could get the LSAT Assassin! (shameless plug)

But really, depends on when you take your test, but I'm trying to get it onto iPhone over the summer.

I just got approval from LSAC to put real LSAT questions! Right now, the games section is available, but Logical Reasoning (probably the best section for phone-study) will be ready by the end of the week.

It's also less expensive than the LSAT Connect, and you can buy it in pieces (by section).

Postby PadawanLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:31 am

I own the Full Version of LSAT Connect. It definitely is not worth the money and I think if you are using it as anything other than a quick supplement to your studies, you are doing more damage than help. It promotes "syncing" abilities as well, but it did nothing but crash when trying to sync with my mac.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”