risktaker's Prep Test Results

iwanta170

Re: risktaker's Prep Test Results

Postby iwanta170 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:45 am

Yea, maybe I'll do my last PT four days or so before the test and just do a few minor things the days after that

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Took the Sept 07 test today and got my lowest score. This is devastating knowing that the June LSAT is only a couple weeks away. There are several reasons for why I think I got such a low score. First off, i took the test at home instead of at the library, which i was accustomed to, I was less focused when taking this test, I did not feel like I wanted to take the test, etc. These aren't excuses, but I am just trying to learn from my mistakes. As a result of this test, I have decided that I will only be taking 3 tests before the June 07 test. I have been studying for this friggin test for over a year and doing the test more than once a week is just causing me to lose focus during the test. If anything, I will do one random LR or RC section one other time during the week when I am not taking a PT. Anyways, here are the abysmal results of the Sep 07 test and I am sure I made a lot of stupid mistakes.

LG: -3
LR1: -8 (guessed on the last 4 and the sad thing is two of my guesses were right)
RC: -7
LR2: -7

Score: 159 (Anything below a 163 on the upcoming June LSAT will be devastating for me. I have realized that I am doing best on the PT's when I feel like I am not overdoing this. Hence just one LSAT each week from here on out. If I get a 167+ on the next LSAT, my suspicions will be confirmed and I am positive that they will be.)

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Here will be my list of final 3 tests:

May 21st, 2010: Dec 08 test
May 26th, 2010: Jun 09 test
May 31st, 2010: Dec 09 test

The rest of the days after May 31st will be spent just either reviewing mistakes or going over LR bible for question types I missed the most. I will be doing nothing on the weekend before the June LSAT though.

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I'd suggest Sept 09 over Dec 08. Or at least make sure you do LG from the former. Get some practice with the new "which rule would have an equivalent effect..." questions.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

What is the best way to tackle that sort of question Jason? Thanks for the heads up.

BigA

Postby BigA » Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Just wondering... you've been studying that long and still have fresh material? You haven't had to re-use any?

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm

No, none of this is fresh material. Most is re-used, but my memory isn't too great, so I don't remember any of the old tests. I might remember a couple questions on some of them, but that's about it. It's the best I can do.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:20 pm

I wouldn't worry about it Risktaker. Obviously just an outlier

What question is "which rule would have an equivalent effect" referring to? I've never seen that before. Was that just introduced?

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 pm

It's on the Sept 09 logic game and was also on the Dec 09 test I think. It was on one of the logic games and appeared as the last question on that game. Thanks for the encouragement.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 pm

I am just going to review all the wrong answers and explanations I have written down for LR and RC this week before I take the next test. Crossing my fingers for 169+.

BigA

Postby BigA » Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

risktaker wrote:No, none of this is fresh material. Most is re-used, but my memory isn't too great, so I don't remember any of the old tests. I might remember a couple questions on some of them, but that's about it. It's the best I can do.

good to know it's possible to do that at least. That's probably what I'll be doing for the October re-take

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Sat May 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Took Dec 08 test today and killed it! (at least, my definition of "killed") Here are the results:
Exp LG: -3
LG: -2
LR1: -2
LR2: -4
RC: -3
Final Score: 170 (highest score since my last 170, which I can't even remember when I took)

Looks like the break paid off. I think I need to give myself at least a 5-6 day break before the June LSAT. Next test will be Jun 09. I will probably take it on Wednesday.
Last edited by risktaker on Sat May 22, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Congrats on your score. What have you done the last few days in preparation for it?

I took the last two days off essentially, expecting it to help, and then today I took the Sept 09 test. My brain was out of it and could not focus and I was feeling lethargic (if you saw my thread). Got a 163 but I've been averaging 170.

Originally I thought taking a break would bring an improved score (and I did some research and a lot of people said it helped them). I had planned on taking the whole week before the LSAT very easy. But after today I don't know what to do

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Sat May 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks. I just went over all the questions that I got wrong on my practice tests. I noticed that I was struggling on assumption questions and must be true questions. So, I went over the LR bible for these topics again and did a few questions for each of those. It seemed to have helped on this test. I am going to just go over the LR bible in the week before the June LSAT. I think I did well today because I really wanted to take an LSAT and was feeling LSAT withdrawal. It's better to be this way. I suggest you do the same and see if it helps.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 am

Going to take June 09 test tomorrow. Hoping to get 170+. We'll see what happens. Then, my last test before the June 2010 LSAT will be on Monday, May 31st.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu May 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Took the June 09 test. Here are the results:
LG: -6 (Missed 4 on the dino game. Going to re-do this LG later)
LR: -2
Exp RC: -6
RC: -3
LR: -2

Final Score: 168

I plan to take the Dec 09 test on Monday, which will be the last test before the upcoming June LSAT.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Took the Dec 09 test and I definitely did not come close to crushing it. Here are the results:
LG: -7 (I misread a rule on one of the games and this cost me my time on the last game and I had to guess on 5 of them)
LR1: -1
exp LR: -8 (Knowing that sections are experimental throws off my focus sometimes. This was probably one of those cases.)
RC: -10 (This RC was brutal. I was doing so well on RC until this test. I will have to review the questions I got wrong closely on this one.)
LR2: -1
Final Score: 166

I am praying for an easy LG and RC section on game day. I doing well on LR for the most part. I will spend the rest of the time until game day doing logic games that I had trouble on, doing one section of RC, and reviewing all the tests that I took. Hope I can get a 166 or higher on game day. Good luck to all!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”