Question Withheld?

alphagamma

Question Withheld?

Postby alphagamma » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I've run into this a couple times while taking PTs. I understand that this means the question was removed from the test after the test was administered, but what does that do to the scoring? Does the test officially have one question left, or is that question a gimme?

So, for example, if a section has 25 questions, and one is withheld, then does the section only have 24 questions for scoring now? Or does it have 25, with one an automatic correct answer?

Mr. Smith

Re: Question Withheld?

Postby Mr. Smith » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 pm

alphagamma wrote:I've run into this a couple times while taking PTs. I understand that this means the question was removed from the test after the test was administered, but what does that do to the scoring? Does the test officially have one question left, or is that question a gimme?

So, for example, if a section has 25 questions, and one is withheld, then does the section only have 24 questions for scoring now? Or does it have 25, with one an automatic correct answer?

It's reflected in the raw score on the scoring chart. It's not a gimme. It would mean that in that section, it was as if the question wasn't there in the first place.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”