section sequence of real exams Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mz253

Bronze

section sequence of real exams

Post by mz253 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm

i wonder whether there are certain rules the LSAC use to place sections in a exam? say, no 3 Reasoning in a role, no 2 games in a role, no 2 reading in a role, or they just place things randomly?

Also, can people sitting for the same exam get different experimantal sections? say some people get reasoning, some get games, and some get reading? and how about sequences? do sections show up in the same order for everyone?

is it true that the experimental section always appear in the first three sections? (that's what my friend told me)

redsox

Silver

Re: section sequence of real exams

Post by redsox » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:17 pm

mz253 wrote:i wonder whether there are certain rules the LSAC use to place sections in a exam? say, no 3 Reasoning in a role, no 2 games in a role, no 2 reading in a role, or they just place things randomly?

Also, can people sitting for the same exam get different experimantal sections? say some people get reasoning, some get games, and some get reading? and how about sequences? do sections show up in the same order for everyone?

is it true that the experimental section always appear in the first three sections? (that's what my friend told me)
I think you need to look up the words "role" and "row" in a dictionary.

fiftyonefifty

New

Post by fiftyonefifty » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:18 pm

in a row?

I had three LR in a row before so it's all random.

mz253

Bronze

Post by mz253 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm

ah, sorry, english is not my first language.
redsox wrote:
mz253 wrote:i wonder whether there are certain rules the LSAC use to place sections in a exam? say, no 3 Reasoning in a role, no 2 games in a role, no 2 reading in a role, or they just place things randomly?

I think you need to look up the words "role" and "row" in a dictionary.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 pm

I can't recall having seen 2 of anything other than LR in a row if there's not a break between, and I can't recall having seen 3 LRs in a row without a break between (that is, the first three sections all LR). They've never done an experimental after section 3. On any given test day, there will be many different experimental sections and many different section orders (the latter is a somewhat recent development, apparently).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silensnox@gmail.com

New

Post by Silensnox@gmail.com » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Yes, the experimental section shows up sometime in the first three sections. From my LSAT review class, if you find a section that's a bit harder than the other ones, it's probably the experimental one. And if the experimental section is logical reasoning, then it's possible you'd have three in a row. But it's rare and I wouldn't count on it.

mz253

Bronze

Post by mz253 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 am

hmm, that clarify things up. i just found that my accuracy goes done if i do the same type of questions for two sections in a row. so better to practice more..

meddlingkid

Bronze

Post by meddlingkid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:57 am

Silensnox@gmail.com wrote:Yes, the experimental section shows up sometime in the first three sections. From my LSAT review class, if you find a section that's a bit harder than the other ones, it's probably the experimental one. And if the experimental section is logical reasoning, then it's possible you'd have three in a row. But it's rare and I wouldn't count on it.
Ugh, don't think this way when you're taking the test. You're going to spend too much time worrying about whether the section you're taking is the experimental or not. Treat EVERY section like a real section. Don't waste any time trying to figure out which one is experimental. It's completely futile. You'll drive yourself crazy and waste precious time.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Silensnox@gmail.com wrote:And if the experimental section is logical reasoning, then it's possible you'd have three in a row.
But not without a break in between, I believe. Has anyone ever had LR, LR, LR to start out the test? I've never heard of it.

Mr. Smith

New

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:35 pm

meddlingkid wrote:Ugh, don't think this way when you're taking the test. You're going to spend too much time worrying about whether the section you're taking is the experimental or not. Treat EVERY section like a real section. Don't waste any time trying to figure out which one is experimental. It's completely futile. You'll drive yourself crazy and waste precious time.
+1

I really feel it's so much better to approach the LSAT this way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”