LSAT 4th time

mugrad06

LSAT 4th time

Postby mugrad06 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am

I posted this in admissions forum, but I should have posted in this one.

So my cycle didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I still have two schools to hear from, but at this point I don't think I'll get in. I really want to go to WVU. I'm from WV and would like to stay in WV. Unfortunetly my LSAT score sucks, it's a 146. Yeah I know how bad it is and yes I did study for the LSAT. I've taken it 3 times and the last time I took it Oct 2008 I also did prep with Kaplan and was doing fairly well on the practice tests (low -mid150s) but totally bombed come test day. I really don't think I do standardized tests well. I've been looking into other options besides law school like going back to school for a teaching degree (even have an interview at Xavier on Monday) but I still always come back to should I try again. I guess my question is it worth it to try to take the LSAT for a fourth time, does it look bad with Adcoms that you have taken it 4 times? How likely is it for someone given that I have only managed a 3 pt jump from the first test to the last one, to bring their score up 8-9pts. To really maybe have a chance at WVU, I'd like to have my score around 154-155.

My other question was I was looking at some of my practice scores from the curve breaks book (its the only one available to me right now) and I was scoring in the 154-157 range. My concern is if I do the prowerscore and range about the same practice wise, what's to say I don't still wind up score significant lower and never break 150 on test day. I think thats my main concern given what happened 2 yrs ago.

jarofsoup

Re: LSAT 4th time

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 am

I am doing it for a fourth time and will do it until I get the score I want. Adcomms take a lot of different things in account and even though taking the test multiple times( like me) may look bad huge score jumps will look good.

If you want to be a lawyer the june test is 7 weeks away put your all into it.

lostjake

Re: LSAT 4th time

Postby lostjake » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Well it doesn't really matter what it looks like because you're already in the boat right? As far as teaching goes, as far as I know unless you were an all american in college or did something else like that, the jobs are hard to get. You'd likely go to teaching school, get out, and get a job substitue teaching for years before finding a real job. My advice would be to buy the powerscore books, suck it up, and then take the OCT test. Start studying now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”