Intro to Myself + Taking the LSAT in June/General Advice

nillumin

Re: Intro to Myself + Taking the LSAT in June/General Advice

Postby nillumin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm

akili wrote:Honestly, aim for as high as you can get. I thought I would be ok settling with my 160, but I am really not. So I'm retaking in October. You only get to go to law school once, you should aim for the best you can get in to. Think of the possibilities if you can pull up that LSAT. So many amazing schools would love to have your GPA.... Just my two cents as someone in a sort of similar situation (160/3.85).

Yea, I can see that by all the responses. I guess anywhere from 163-167 would be ideal at this point. I really would like to go to UNC. I don't want to wait til October to take the test, I am more of a crammer and would like to get this done in June if possible, but if I feel like I am not going to score well going into June I'll put it off. I should have an idea of how I feel after I finish studying for logical reasoning and take a few practice tests to see where I am at. Right now I am at 159 without studying any logical reasoning materials and bombing those sections, so I am optimistic that I should do a lot better on the next test I take.

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Although, I guess the higher LSAT I get would also affect what kind of scholarship I receive...didn't really think about that until now, since that is the reason I went to Drexel. Financial Aid/Scholarship will probably be a big factor in my decision for law school as well.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 pm

nillumin wrote:Although, I guess the higher LSAT I get would also affect what kind of scholarship I receive...didn't really think about that until now, since that is the reason I went to Drexel. Financial Aid/Scholarship will probably be a big factor in my decision for law school as well.

If you look at UNC's acceptance indexes you will see that they have a wide range of acceptances for their LSAT scores. Which can possiby indicate that they weigh GPA more heavily then LSAT. Id say if you get in the low to mid 160's with your LSAT and application in September youre chances would be super high with a decent to great $$$ offer. Remember though, these 2 factors are the most important, however this does not neccessarily grant you admission. You must also, get your softs in a line. But first things first, kill the LSAT. Keep us posted on your progress man, after going through it I am pulling for you!

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Thu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

So I've taken several practice tests after going through powerscore LG/LR books. But I haven't timed myself strictly on them. I gave myself maybe an extra 3-4 minutes on each section except the logic games. And on both tests I have taken I have scored 169/170. Getting about 12-14 questions wrong overall.

While this does make me happy and give me hope. I'm sure I'll see that score go down when I start timing myself strictly. I am hoping to take a timed test when I get home from work at some point tonight to see where I stand. I should be able to get over a 160 hopefully though....165 should be within my reach by June, at least, I'm pretty confident if I ahve a good day on June 7th, I should be able to get that.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 am

nillumin wrote:So I've taken several practice tests after going through powerscore LG/LR books. But I haven't timed myself strictly on them. I gave myself maybe an extra 3-4 minutes on each section except the logic games. And on both tests I have taken I have scored 169/170. Getting about 12-14 questions wrong overall.

While this does make me happy and give me hope. I'm sure I'll see that score go down when I start timing myself strictly. I am hoping to take a timed test when I get home from work at some point tonight to see where I stand. I should be able to get over a 160 hopefully though....165 should be within my reach by June, at least, I'm pretty confident if I ahve a good day on June 7th, I should be able to get that.

Good for you man! Keep it going!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”