LR self made explanations

washin34

LR self made explanations

Postby washin34 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 am

I'm doing LR right now and I am writing down the explanations when I get one wrong and explaining to myself why the answer is correct/wrong. However, I'm not sure if this is effective for me. I'm only studying one type of question right now (weaken). Should I be utilizing the self made explanations in a different way? How do you use the explanations that you make for yourself after you miss a problem? Is it just meant to crystallize information in your mind by writing it down and nothing more? Do you review it before you study again?

alicrimson

Re: LR self made explations

Postby alicrimson » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 am

I haven't tried making my own explanations;however, I have used the book that I take tests out of's explanations and have seen considerable improvement. I just wouldn't feel comfortable using my own reasoning to help myself learn from a question that I had already missed. I don't know. That's just me.

washin34

Re: LR self made explations

Postby washin34 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 am

alicrimson wrote:I haven't tried making my own explanations;however, I have used the book that I take tests out of's explanations and have seen considerable improvement. I just wouldn't feel comfortable using my own reasoning to help myself learn from a question that I had already missed. I don't know. That's just me.

What LR book do you use?

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Re: LR self made explanations

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:02 pm

I often have students write explanations for problems (and then check them over). I think it's useful to do this if you have a check on your thinking. Feel free to post here and ask folks to critique (or, my students do it on our public forums - http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums).

I know that I personally learned a lot by having to write solutions to problems.

Good luck!

Bert

Re: LR self made explanations

Postby Bert » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 pm

I think it could help you recognize the faults in your thought process which lead to you getting things wrong, thus helping you make better choices in the future. I did this and I really thinked it helped me see why certain answers were wrong on future tests.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”