anyone else get sad studying for lsat?

ilikebaseball

Re: anyone else get sad studying for lsat?

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:53 am

I actually think the LSAT is sorta fun.. not RC but the rest

InPursuitOfaPassion

Postby InPursuitOfaPassion » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:06 pm

For some people, myself included, LSAT prep can feel a lot like walking through a long dark maze. Youre not always sure of where youre going or where you need to turn, sometimes you get ahead for a while and then suddenly hit a dead end. But the upshot is that if you continue to persevere and dont let the setbacks sway you from your focus to figure it all out, you will most likely reach the exit and see the light. And what's better with the LSAT than a dark maze is that there are reliable ways to figure out- one can eventually make more sense of the LSAT than the arbitrary design of a maze. Just keep pressing forward. This test is tough in ways beyond comprehension in order to weed people out. Schools dont want to just know that you can figure things out, they also want to know that you can handle a lot. Im currently in a dark end of that maze. My accuracy on LR has dropped from 0-3 wrong per section to 4...mainly due to careless errors...the worst kind because I find them harder to fix.

By the way, Ive been irritated, angry, frustrated, sad, happy, and excited while prepping for this thing. It can be a real journey especially if this test is something that means a lot to you and that youve feared.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Its such a roller coaster to prep. There are never "average days" to me. Its either I do well and feel like I'm ready for the test, or I do horrid, and I think about deferring. But, as the bad days have come over and over, I've sorta got immune to the negative thoughts that usually came with it. Now, its more of "well shit. Hope tomorrow is a good day" because I've just accepted that the bad days happen to everyone. It doesnt mean you wont hit your goal. For factors that we dont even realize, we may perform poorly on a PT. We may never know why we actually scored that low... it just happens. I've accepted this, because it happens so often that I've realized that, more than likely, then next day is gonna make me overconfident again.

When you are going through tough times, be yourself.

When you are being yourself, be average.

When you are excelling and your confidence is through the roof, be yourself.

Moral of the story: Stay even keeled. It will knock you down, and then knock you back up before you even know it. Just know this is inevitable.

Lying Lawyer

Postby Lying Lawyer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Sometimes. I had some stuff to do around the house this weekend and I couldn't do it Saturday morning.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Starts out fun - like I actually looked forward to it. But then it got progressively more depressing as the number of retakes went up.

Overall, though, I would say I enjoyed the time I spent studying for it.

Edit: I don't think "depressing" is the right word, I would substitute that with frustrating.

el madrileno

Postby el madrileno » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:00 pm

It's a lot more fun when you start getting those -0s/-1s and start tossing around theories on kin recognition and honeybee dances in conversation.

BJS

Postby BJS » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:06 pm

I love studying for the LSAT. I think part of it is that I am miserable in my job and I know the LSAT is the key to attending a great law school and embarking on the career to which I actually aspire. It's definitely frustrating when friends are having fun or when I'd rather be watching football, but it's rewarding because I know what objective is and how the LSAT (and studying for it) will get me there.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:28 pm

I just took a 15 minute break to walk to the uni cafeteria and eat dinner. I was so uncomfortable not studying that I had one plate of chicken and broccoli and got my ass back to the library as fast as I could. I had withdrawals.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I actually think the LSAT is sorta fun.. not RC but the rest

I think LG is fun and RC is fun, but not LR. I often feel like LSAC are deliberately trying to trick me on LR, and it is my weakest section, so I'm always very anxious while testing.

But I love reading the RC passages. I find some of them so interesting (see: Frida Kahlo's use of symbolism as it pertains to Mexican nationalism, that passage about psychology and emotions in response to art, among others).

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:14 pm

You'll never be truly sad if you subscribe to the military school of life--that which does not kill me makes me stronger.

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:41 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:You'll never be truly sad if you subscribe to the military school of life--that which does not kill me makes me stronger.

You're thinking of Nietzsche...

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:32 pm

You're thinking of Nietzsche...

actully kelly clarkson :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”