F-CKING READING COMPREHENSION SECTION SHOULD BE KILLED Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
allison34363

New

Re: F-CKING READING COMPREHENSION SECTION SHOULD BE KILLED

Post by allison34363 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I love the title of this thread. Rightly so, because reading comp is the hardest section to improve on.

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Banged out 6 sections today so far. All one's I've done in the past, but still did get any higher than -2, which is my goal.

I've been reading in my spare time lately too, which I think has helped. It's important to be able to read the passage straight through without having to reread any lines out of confusion. I've found it pretty easy to develop this skill by practicing in my spare time, then applying it during RC sections.

I also try to remind myself to see how each sentence fits into the paragraph and the passage as a whole. It's important to keep prospective and not get lost in the details.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 pm

jpSartre wrote:Banged out 6 sections today so far. All one's I've done in the past, but still did get any higher than -2, which is my goal.

I've been reading in my spare time lately too, which I think has helped. It's important to be able to read the passage straight through without having to reread any lines out of confusion. I've found it pretty easy to develop this skill by practicing in my spare time, then applying it during RC sections.

I also try to remind myself to see how each sentence fits into the paragraph and the passage as a whole. It's important to keep prospective and not get lost in the details.
Yeah, it's always been hard for me to not get bogged down in details and determine which are relevant and which aren't.

I don't have any time right now to test your shotgun approach with RC, but I intend to once the semester ends.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 pm

great advice

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”