What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ivylucky

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 pm

What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby ivylucky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm

I am wondering, what people usually eat before the exam. I usually feel very tired and hungry at the last two sections for the prep test.

nascent

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby nascent » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Carbs & fruits, and you are good to go :)

User avatar
nick637

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby nick637 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 pm

eat what you would normally eat on any given morning. Bring a snack if you feel hungry.

User avatar
quickquestionthanks

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:20 pm

cliff bar

ivylucky

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby ivylucky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah, I will definitely bring a snack.


User avatar
thisiswater1488

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby thisiswater1488 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 pm

.
Last edited by thisiswater1488 on Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thirteen

Diamond
Posts: 25407
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby Thirteen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 pm

First test: Bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake.

Second test: Protein bar.


honestabe84

Bronze
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby honestabe84 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:43 pm

thisiswater1488 wrote:Whatever you do, stick with a routine. Don't eat a huge breakfast on test day if you normally eat nothing in the morning, and don't skip breakfast if you usually eat it. Make sure you get some protein. I ate scrambled eggs and toast w/ peanut butter for breakfast on test day, and brought walnuts and blueberries to snack on during the break. Being tired or hungry can hamper your performance.


This. I would also suggest eating oatmeal. It's my understanding that it digests slowly and keeps you going.

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 pm

I had a PB&J sandwich and an orange before. I think I had another orange at the break.

User avatar
kn6542

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby kn6542 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:03 pm

ivylucky wrote:I am wondering, what people usually eat before the exam. I usually feel very tired and hungry at the last two sections for the prep test.

Eat some protein along with a slow burning carb.

emkayo

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby emkayo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Beforehand I ate a couple scrambled eggs plus a little fruit and a half English muffin with peanut butter. Just one mug of coffee beforehand (allowing ample time for a bathroom break before I went into the test). I brought Terra vegetable chips for the break and I was so happy to have something to crunch on- it's a good way to release a little tension. An apple probably works for that too. I brought a PBJ but didn't eat it. I'd recommend bringing some kind of aspirin or headache medicine- I had the worst tension headache for the last 2 sections. Maybe even bring an ice pack or frozen juice box? Don't forget to bring wet hand wipes so you don't have sticky hands! Good luck!!

OmbreGracieuse

Bronze
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby OmbreGracieuse » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I am bumping this so I can reference it later.

I ate eggs, fruit, and toast when I took my ACT's along with a glass of milk. I took two granola bars and juice as well as a bananna. It did me well; I got a huge academic scholarship to my UG with the scores.

I plan to do something similar with the LSATs I think.

User avatar
Shlonster

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby Shlonster » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I ate some mothafuckin EGGS and took a mothafuckin BAGEL with some holy shit PEANUT BUTTER for my break snack damnit! YES

User avatar
Kohinoor

Gold
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby Kohinoor » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Not that deep.

User avatar
kn6542

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby kn6542 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Shlonster wrote:I ate some mothafuckin EGGS and took a mothafuckin BAGEL with some holy shit PEANUT BUTTER for my break snack damnit! YES

You should probably take a shit, too.

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby 09042014 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Peptobismal

User avatar
mirpanda

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby mirpanda » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 pm

emkayo wrote:Beforehand I ate a couple scrambled eggs plus a little fruit and a half English muffin with peanut butter. Just one mug of coffee beforehand (allowing ample time for a bathroom break before I went into the test). I brought Terra vegetable chips for the break and I was so happy to have something to crunch on- it's a good way to release a little tension. An apple probably works for that too. I brought a PBJ but didn't eat it. I'd recommend bringing some kind of aspirin or headache medicine- I had the worst tension headache for the last 2 sections. Maybe even bring an ice pack or frozen juice box? Don't forget to bring wet hand wipes so you don't have sticky hands! Good luck!!



This sounds good to me. Also, try taking some Vitamin B-12 to boost energy and have a banana as a part of your breakfast and maybe one at at break too. Bananas are high in potassium which helps to normalize oxygen levels and keeps those synapses firing.

User avatar
neimanmarxist

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby neimanmarxist » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

i ate the exact same breakfast every day for a few weeks before the test just so my body would be used to it in the morning.
I had oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter on top for breakfast & lots of coffee (<------don't do this if you don't drink lots of coffee normally) .

I had a clif bar at the break with a diet coke (more caffeine).

Carbs much?

honestabe84

Bronze
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby honestabe84 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:i ate the exact same breakfast every day for a few weeks before the test just so my body would be used to it in the morning.
I had oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter on top for breakfast & lots of coffee (<------don't do this if you don't drink lots of coffee normally) .

I had a clif bar at the break with a diet coke (more caffeine).

Carbs much?


peanut butter in oatmeal?

User avatar
basicgrey7

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby basicgrey7 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 pm

I ate a huge breakfast of biscuits and gravy :). I went out to breakfast with a friend and we just ate and relaxed. It helped take our minds off the test, and we were nice and full :).

User avatar
neimanmarxist

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby neimanmarxist » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:55 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:i ate the exact same breakfast every day for a few weeks before the test just so my body would be used to it in the morning.
I had oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter on top for breakfast & lots of coffee (<------don't do this if you don't drink lots of coffee normally) .

I had a clif bar at the break with a diet coke (more caffeine).

Carbs much?


peanut butter in oatmeal?


yes, just a little spoonful. the oatmeal gets all peanut buttery, it's delicious. try it.

User avatar
MoS

Bronze
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby MoS » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 pm

I saw Bear Grills eat deer droppings. He said they have a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. I figure if you start you day off eating excrement it has to make the LSAT seem sweet.

User avatar
Vincent Vega

Silver
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: What did you or are you going to eat before the exam?

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:15 pm

MoS wrote:I saw Bear Grills eat deer droppings. He said they have a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. I figure if you start you day off eating excrement it has to make the LSAT seem sweet.


lol

I ate cereal and a banana.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajm, Google [Bot] and 10 guests