Typos on Preptests?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hyunseoki

New

Typos on Preptests??

Post by hyunseoki » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have encountered typos here and there while drilling on PTs. I'm asking because I'm afraid that I might be identifying them as typographic errors when in fact they're all correct, and I'm simply misinterpretting the sentences.

I noticed that these presumed errors are an enormous cause for confusion for me. But who knows. Any thoughts?

jpSartre

Bronze

Re: Typos on Preptests??

Post by jpSartre » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Considering LSAC is a robot, I can't imagine there are ANY typos ANYWHERE. Each PT is a previously administered test, and I can see swarms of people blaming their scores on typos on test day. High, highly unlikely.

Try to look at the problems where you think there are error with an open mind, and let the meaning hit you.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:31 pm

PTs from LSAC are error-free, I believe. PTs from other sources — even if they are LSAC tests, just gotten by other means — can contain errors (though rarely).

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:23 pm

There were 2 instances where I thought a question on a PT may be in error, but after much pondering, I realized that I was in error. That's probably why I would never score a 180.

hyunseoki

New

Post by hyunseoki » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 pm

All of you have mentioned very valid points and it's probably the case that I'm the one suffering from major RC fail.

One thing that's for sure, though, is that the "out-of-print" preptests (namely 1-6), do in fact have typographic errors in them. Blatant ones. But these old versions of the test are simply unrepresentative of the actual exam today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 am

hyunseoki wrote:All of you have mentioned very valid points and it's probably the case that I'm the one suffering from major RC fail.

One thing that's for sure, though, is that the "out-of-print" preptests (namely 1-6), do in fact have typographic errors in them. Blatant ones. But these old versions of the test are simply unrepresentative of the actual exam today.
Um. I did all 6. What typos did you find?

TTTeacher

New

Post by TTTeacher » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 am

Would you mind posting some of these so-called typos?

hyunseoki

New

Post by hyunseoki » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am

Cambridge LSAT wrote:Subject: Typos on Preptests??
hyunseoki wrote:All of you have mentioned very valid points and it's probably the case that I'm the one suffering from major RC fail.

Hi Hyun,

I know you ordered the out-of-print bundle from us a while back. Unfortunately, the electronic files which LSAC provides prep companies of the older tests are full of errors. I've personally fixed countless errors, but there are clearly still some present. If you could alert me to the typos you've come across, it would be a huge help in cleaning up the files.

Thanks.
There. I'll probably take a look at the PT again to show the typos.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:42 pm

While practicing logical reasoning i noticed the phrase "self-conscience." Gave me a chuckle but nothing major.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sk8kim

New

Post by sk8kim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Yes, I've noticed typos in Kaplan Mastery Practice.

A lot of times I see "iffy" ones in the "10" series, but I'm not sure if they are real typos or just older language. Sometimes the questions read as if they are written by someone in the 1950s.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 pm

p. 29 of PrepTest 49--22 questions on a LR section?

LSAC FAIL

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:57 pm

good catch! automatic 180.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:30 am

I've done a couple of the out of print tests (1-6, 8) and I can definitely attest that there are typos, several of them. I think I've seen 3 typos on just the first two tests. However, that's just the tests I downloaded from CambridgeLSAT.com. The typos are pretty obviously OCR errors, things like changing an "h" to a "b". I'm sure that the original LSAT didn't have these errors. The problem (I imagine) is that these old tests weren't saved in digital format, so they had to be scanned before they were converted to .pdf.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fiathebia

New

Post by fiathebia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 pm

LOL. I remember on another board someone asked what "Both Wand Y" meant on a Logic Game. They didn't say where they got their materials from.

Rudy

New

Post by Rudy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 am

I ran across a misprinted answer on a logic game in Kaplan's Pacing Practice book (from the class) that really confused me when going over the answers. I tripled checked it, and their answer CANNOT be right. So it happens in other sources.

Never seen a typo in an LSAC provided Preptest though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”