Best LSAT prep book Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chia99

New

Best LSAT prep book

Post by chia99 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Based on your personal expereience and how you did on the LSAT, what do you guys feel the the best LSAT prep book is? I have ruled out Princeton because I don't like the company based on their GMAT prep book. I am leaning towards beginning my studying with KAPLAN and then after taking a practice test buying books that specifically focus on my weaker areas. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Diamond

Re: Best LSAT prep book

Post by 09042014 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Powerscore LR, and LG bibles. I wouldn't do the RC one unless you really suck at RC.

But practices makes perfect if you are a smart person.

Mr. Smith

New

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Powerscore LR, and LG bibles. I wouldn't do the RC one unless you really suck at RC.

RC Bible is pretty much a waste of time/money. LR Bible is kinda of confusing because they have so many freaking categories. They have categories for categories. LG Bible is golden, though.

Best prep is doing a gadzillion tests and then doing hard-ass review of each and every mistake, though, as I think that's what Desert Fox was saying in that last part there.

thebunk

New

Post by thebunk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Mr. Smith wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Powerscore LR, and LG bibles. I wouldn't do the RC one unless you really suck at RC.

RC Bible is pretty much a waste of time/money. LR Bible is kinda of confusing because they have so many freaking categories. They have categories for categories. LG Bible is golden, though.

Best prep is doing a gadzillion tests and then doing hard-ass review of each and every mistake, though, as I think that's what Desert Fox was saying in that last part there.
+1

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Mr. Smith wrote:

I agree with everything you've said. I'm not actually sure the LR bible helped me at all, and I certainly didn't follow categories. But it wasn't obviously bullshit like RC was.

Though I could see RC being useful for someone who was really terrible at RC.

And yes that was what I meant.

Do every PT available.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 pm

LG Bible is a necessity. I actually found the LR bible useful as well. It's not the game changer that the LG Bible is, but it has a few nice tidbits if you are trying to make a jump from -3 or -2 on each section to -1 or -0.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:LG Bible is a necessity. I actually found the LR bible useful as well. It's not the game changer that the LG Bible is, but it has a few nice tidbits if you are trying to make a jump from -3 or -2 on each section to -1 or -0.
Actually now that you mention it, LR bible really helped me on Parallel Reasoning questions. Took me from -3 on LR to -1.

TUP

Bronze

Post by TUP » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Aside from parallel reasoning, which chapters of the LRB were most useful? I'm 4 preptests / 8 LR sections in with a -2, -3, or -4 on every section so far. With 8 weeks to go, I'd rather not go through the entire bible, but I also haven't noticed a trend in the questions I've missed. Which tidbits did you find helped to get to the -0 / -1 ranged?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”