June or October?

splay

June or October?

Postby splay » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:31 am

I'm currently registered for the June 2010 LSAT (second time :( ) but I'm considering just canceling and writing in October instead. I'm going to make a pro's and cons list for both.

June
Pros: won't have to study for the entire summer, can get my apps in as early as possible, and if I do badly again I still have time to retake in October.
Cons: I'm totally burnt out from school and studying for the LSAT, I've started having anxiety attacks again, and my section scores (the few I've managed to do in the past few weeks) are significantly decreasing. My last LR was -9. I usually average -3-4.

October
Pros: Have the whole summer to get really well prepared and also have some time off to relax for a few weeks.
Cons: Can't get my apps in at the earliest date, I'll be a month into school by the time of writing and I doubt I'll do any studying once September rolls around, if I fuck up October I have no second chance (no point in writing December) and I'm essentially screwed.

So, advice? I really don't know what to do. I'm leaning towards June but if I have to start taking anxiety meds again just so I can study... fuck that, that's completely absurd and ridiculous. Hopefully this is just end of term crazies though. Anyway. Help please! :(

Gymnast0206

Re: June or October?

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:39 am

Take it in October. You'll get your scores back before November, I'm sure. Just make sure all of your applications are ready to go that way you can send them off as soon as your scores are available. You're going to have to make yourself study through September. It just seems like you're very against doing it in June.

splay

Re: June or October?

Postby splay » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:Take it in October. You'll get your scores back before November, I'm sure. Just make sure all of your applications are ready to go that way you can send them off as soon as your scores are available. You're going to have to make yourself study through September. It just seems like you're very against doing it in June.

I think I may be against doing it at all in my current frame of mind, but I'm really hoping that changes after school is over.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”