PT #25 Logic Games Section...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

WOW! I believe I can safely say that I haven't been whupped that bad by the LSAT since I first started studying. The 1st and 4th games aren't too bad (I didn't miss any questions), but game 2 completely destroyed me, and game 3 took me a while too! I couldn't even figure out game 2, ended up leaving a full 7 questions completely blank (since this is a practice test I don't want to benefit from lucky guesses, obviously on the real thing I'd at least make a guess). Game 3 took me a while, and I still missed 2 only getting 4/6 correct. But both game 2 and 3 were pretty time consuming, I don't think there was any way i'd be able to get both of them. I almost can't believe that anyone could completely finish all the questions on this section, unless i'm missing some major inference on game 2.

Anyways, heading to class today with my tail thoroughly between my legs, after that -9. Funnily enough, it came after two pretty good sections, -0 RC and -2 LR. This makes me wonder if they made those sections a bit easier knowing how difficult the LG would be.

Edit: This blog ranks the logic games, and put as the #1 hardest logic game the 3rd game from this section. I have to disagree, however, I think game 2 was much much harder. Anyways, here it is if you want to read it: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/ha ... -hard.html.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 pm

I could really go for a bacon cheeseburger right now!

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 pm

I had to do this section after reading your post. Pulled a -0 in 33 minutes. I'm pretty good at LG and 33 mins is actually a little long for me. I got stuck for a minute on game 2, but there is a major inference you have to notice or it just doesn't seem like enough info is given. I actually found game 3 reasonable as well, although it was fairly difficult. If you need an explanation to any of these questions, I'm happy to help. The key to finishing on time for me was killing the 1st and 4th game. I found them very easy and it gave me a little extra time to focus on 2 and 3.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

FuManChusco wrote:I had to do this section after reading your post. Pulled a -0 in 33 minutes. I'm pretty good at LG and 33 mins is actually a little long for me. I got stuck for a minute on game 2, but there is a major inference you have to notice or it just doesn't seem like enough info is given. I actually found game 3 reasonable as well, although it was fairly difficult. If you need an explanation to any of these questions, I'm happy to help. The key to finishing on time for me was killing the 1st and 4th game. I found them very easy and it gave me a little extra time to focus on 2 and 3.


Wow, that's impressive. I'm in class right now but when I get home I'm going to have to figure out how to tackle that second game. How are you able to do the games so fast? I usually go through and eliminate all the answer choices rather than finding the correct one, so I wonder if this is why I'm somewhat slow, or if I just need to practice more.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Knockglock wrote:Wow, that's impressive. I'm in class right now but when I get home I'm going to have to figure out how to tackle that second game. How are you able to do the games so fast? I usually go through and eliminate all the answer choices rather than finding the correct one, so I wonder if this is why I'm somewhat slow, or if I just need to practice more.


I eliminate answers too, but once I find the correct one I move on. So, if it's a could be true and answer A works then I won't even look at the other choices. Confidence in your written rules, diagramming and hypotheticals is the key to making this work. However, I think I'm just good at finding inferences and remembering the rules. Once you have the major inferences, drawing hypotheticals is really easy and to go fast you just need to get a firm understanding of the rules. I find this is the best way to find answers because hypotheticals are re-usable throughout the game. I think once you find the inference in game 2, you'll fly through it. It really isn't that hard.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 am

FuManChusco wrote:
Knockglock wrote:Wow, that's impressive. I'm in class right now but when I get home I'm going to have to figure out how to tackle that second game. How are you able to do the games so fast? I usually go through and eliminate all the answer choices rather than finding the correct one, so I wonder if this is why I'm somewhat slow, or if I just need to practice more.


I eliminate answers too, but once I find the correct one I move on. So, if it's a could be true and answer A works then I won't even look at the other choices. Confidence in your written rules, diagramming and hypotheticals is the key to making this work. However, I think I'm just good at finding inferences and remembering the rules. Once you have the major inferences, drawing hypotheticals is really easy and to go fast you just need to get a firm understanding of the rules. I find this is the best way to find answers because hypotheticals are re-usable throughout the game. I think once you find the inference in game 2, you'll fly through it. It really isn't that hard.


Alright, well I finished the PT and I ended up going -0 RC, -2 LR -9 LG -2 LR for 88 raw and 169 scaled. Lol, if only I can get a handle on the tough logic game, i'm ready to bust through this plateau! haha

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:06 pm

I wish I had your RC score.

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby UF Gators » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:I could really go for a bacon cheeseburger right now!

Me too! From Sonic!

Dont worry OP, it will get better once you get in the 40's. I would do very bad things for that RC score though. Just be glad RC isnt your weakness.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm

UF Gators wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:I could really go for a bacon cheeseburger right now!

Me too! From Sonic!

Dont worry OP, it will get better once you get in the 40's. I would do very bad things for that RC score though. Just be glad RC isnt your weakness.


I wish I had your RC score.


Thanks a lot guys. I found that my RC has improved a little bit since I started reviewing my PT's a bit more thoroughly (creating a computer type up), and since I started "tearing up" the passages, by underlining and bracketing a lot of stuff. I don't think this helps me when I go back to the passage (because there's so much written on it), but I think that it is helping me stay focused on reading every single word of the passage closely. Hope this helps at least a little!



Also, i'm reviewing LG #2 from PT #25, and I get it right away now, I can't believe I missed such a big inference :oops: . I think it's because I misread the directions. Anyways, I get that it has to be either a 1-1-2-2 or 1-1-3-1 numerical distribution, and am now plowing through the questions. Doh! :oops:

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm

so, after looking at that website, I went and did PT 27 with the snakes and lizards. that has to be the hardest logic game I've ever done.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:57 pm

FuManChusco wrote:so, after looking at that website, I went and did PT 27 with the snakes and lizards. that has to be the hardest logic game I've ever done.


Haha, man you're killing my confidence! I'm going to be taking PT 27 in the next few days, and now i'm scared for that LG!

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Shrimps » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Hah! Did the PT 25 games in 30 minutes, -0!

Disclaimer: I've already done them in late February, I think.

Which brings me to my point: do the games to death. 8-12 games every day until June. Seriously, I didn't really remember the setups all that well, but it still was easy.

I do believe the games are learnable. With the LSAC giving up on funky games like imaginary languages, letter permutations and everyone's favorite - mapping games - there's really not much variety they can introduce into the games.

You can crush them.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Shrimps wrote:Hah! Did the PT 25 games in 30 minutes, -0!

Disclaimer: I've already done them in late February, I think.

Which brings me to my point: do the games to death. 8-12 games every day until June. Seriously, I didn't really remember the setups all that well, but it still was easy.

I do believe the games are learnable. With the LSAC giving up on funky games like imaginary languages, letter permutations and everyone's favorite - mapping games - there's really not much variety they can introduce into the games.

You can crush them.


Thanks man...and very nice on the -0 in 30 minutes ;)

Good point, i'm going to start pounding the games hard. Hopefully I can do at least 8 everyday.

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby burtonrideclub » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 am

For game 3 of this section, is there any brilliant inference you guys made? Or do you just have to grind out the questions

melinda.corbin
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 am

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby melinda.corbin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:25 am

A honest question: Is Powerscore LG Bible really taking to you to heights of score where you want to be?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 am

melinda.corbin wrote:A honest question: Is Powerscore LG Bible really taking to you to heights of score where you want to be?


I'm not sure who this question is directed to, but I feel like it did its job. I gave me a technique/strategy to attack the logic games, including a logic system/code. After that it is just on me to practice and learn. I know how to do all the games, it's just a matter of whether I can complete all the questions in time or if it takes me past 35 minutes to figure them out.

melinda.corbin
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 am

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby melinda.corbin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:47 am

Knockglock wrote:
melinda.corbin wrote:A honest question: Is Powerscore LG Bible really taking to you to heights of score where you want to be?


I'm not sure who this question is directed to, but I feel like it did its job. I gave me a technique/strategy to attack the logic games, including a logic system/code. After that it is just on me to practice and learn. I know how to do all the games, it's just a matter of whether I can complete all the questions in time or if it takes me past 35 minutes to figure them out.


"All is well if end is well" Did this book really improved your score or This book just gave you the strategy to make pickle of it?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:52 am

melinda.corbin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
melinda.corbin wrote:A honest question: Is Powerscore LG Bible really taking to you to heights of score where you want to be?


I'm not sure who this question is directed to, but I feel like it did its job. I gave me a technique/strategy to attack the logic games, including a logic system/code. After that it is just on me to practice and learn. I know how to do all the games, it's just a matter of whether I can complete all the questions in time or if it takes me past 35 minutes to figure them out.


"All is well if end is well" Did this book really improved your score or This book just gave you the strategy to make pickle of it?


It improved my score by giving the strategy to make a pickle of it.

melinda.corbin
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 am

Re: PT #25 Logic Games Section...

Postby melinda.corbin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 am

How much your score got improved?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, earldasquirel, Greenteachurro, Instrumental and 8 guests