October 2010 Test Prep

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby typ3 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Most administers of the test require you to sign and date your ticket when your check in. I wouldn't do it before hand. I signed mine inbetween getting my finger print done and someone looking at my ID and they almost turned me away to print off another ticket.

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby AverageTutoring » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm

eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??


I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.


What have you done to get ready for the morning?

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, my analog watch, one logic game, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

Did I forget anything? :mrgreen:
Last edited by AverageTutoring on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Lasers » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:30 pm

eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??


I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.

ahhh, thanks for the heads up.

i just took a look at it now...yep not supposed to sign.

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Hedwig » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??


I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.


What have you done to get ready for the morning?

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, one logic one, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

Did I forget anything? :mrgreen:


I finished HP 5 and started on HP 6.

For serious, I have my bag packed with Clif bars, pencils, an eraser, a pencil sharpener (although I intend to not sharpen my pencils but rather just put down a pencil when it becomes dull and pick up my next one since I have a set of 12 pre-sharpened ones...), my ticket printed out with my photo on it (Canadian version of finger printing), my wallet, keys, etc...

I honestly don't even know what I'm going to do for prep in the morning. I think I might do a logic game, a passage, and a few LR questions like you mentioned... and a few pages of HP6... eh. I'm feeling pretty calm about this all though.

P.S. You know you can have a 3.79 or something liter bag, right? It's one gallon, not one liter.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby beachbum » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??


I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.


What have you done to get ready for the morning?

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, my analog watch, one logic game, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

Did I forget anything? :mrgreen:


Nope, you got it goin' on. Good call on preparing the night before.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Lasers » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:37 pm

i don't have a pencil sharpener to bring so i guess i'm just gonna bring 8 sharpened pencils.

robchuckbob
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby robchuckbob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 am

I can't sleep!!! I've been tossing and turning for over an hour!

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby LLB2JD » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:46 am

Oh boy. It is already morning here.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby justadude55 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Good luck to all of you. Please remember to read this thread before posting after the LSAT.


are we allowed to post about previous already published LSAT's in general?

obviously there may be a make up test or something so you can't do that, but is it also a fear of violating copyright? for example, many people post questions about questions on previous LSATs. is it cool legally to participate?

sknight323
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby sknight323 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 pm

I think I scored in the negatives

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:39 pm

The last RC passage was...not fun.

smithryan94
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby smithryan94 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:40 pm

lets keep post-test discussion in here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=113348

sknight323
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby sknight323 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:58 pm

OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby justadude55 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:13 pm

sknight323 wrote:OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?

no

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby ArchRoark » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 pm

sknight323 wrote:OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?

Unless you skipped a bubble (i.e. the other 23 are not aligned with their corresponding questions) then you should be fine.

Ineedhelpplease
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:

stargazin
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby stargazin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 pm

eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??


I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.


You're totally right. I've been sick lately so I haven't been in the mood to actually read stuff. I saw your post this morning and had to print out another.

User avatar
brochocinco
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby brochocinco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:



I had dos LG sections and I felt I destroyed both. mine was LR, LG, RC, break, LR, LG

blackswan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby blackswan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:55 pm

brochocinco wrote:
Ineedhelpplease wrote:anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:



I had dos LG sections and I felt I destroyed both. mine was LR, LG, RC, break, LR, LG


I had exactly the same order(LR, LG 1, RC, break, LR, LG 2)
I made a mistake on last section of LG 2.
By the time I realized I made a mistake on setup, I only had about 3 min left, too little to review all the answers again.

I'm hoping that the LG 2 was the experiment, but I've heard that usaully one of the first 3 section is experiment so I'm probably out of luck.
or Would luck be my lady? :D

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Blumpbeef » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 pm

blackswan wrote:
brochocinco wrote:
Ineedhelpplease wrote:anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:



I had dos LG sections and I felt I destroyed both. mine was LR, LG, RC, break, LR, LG


I had exactly the same order(LR, LG 1, RC, break, LR, LG 2)
I made a mistake on last section of LG 2.
By the time I realized I made a mistake on setup, I only had about 3 min left, too little to review all the answers again.

I'm hoping that the LG 2 was the experiment, but I've heard that usaully one of the first 3 section is experiment so I'm probably out of luck.
or Would luck be my lady? :D


Nope. There hasn't been a post-break experimental since 1991, AFAIK.

Dripworx
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Dripworx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7959
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Pleasye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/
That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.

Dripworx
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Dripworx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/
That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.


I felt good about it, but thats exactly why I am scared... I never walked away from a test feeling good. this false sense of confidence has me buggin out. not much i can do now but wait.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7959
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Pleasye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Dripworx wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/
That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.


I felt good about it, but thats exactly why I am scared... I never walked away from a test feeling good. this false sense of confidence has me buggin out. not much i can do now but wait.
Yeah I feel you on that :?

Dripworx
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Dripworx » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:31 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/
That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.


I felt good about it, but thats exactly why I am scared... I never walked away from a test feeling good. this false sense of confidence has me buggin out. not much i can do now but wait.
Yeah I feel you on that :?

my lsat buddy was telling me that it would make sense to maybe cool it with prep for like 2 weeks or so, just bc there is no more material left to study so perhaps if i forgot the material a bit, it would kind of still function as prep material.

its amazing that over 5 months i was able to memorize games/patterns, inferences in LR's, and answers to qeustions in over 50+ tests. I think that by itself is merit of some kind of medal/award/trophy .... something... gift card to radio shack at least.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chipotle85, MSNbot Media and 15 guests