October 2010 Test Prep

Sinra

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Sinra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 pm

PT 53 games had another conditional sequencing game. Those are such a fracking time killer! Have to drill them to not get caught up in them. They're pretty easy but the set up takes forever. I agree with 3link that we're due for another this time.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Sinra wrote:PT 53 games had another conditional sequencing game. Those are such a fracking time killer! Have to drill them to not get caught up in them. They're pretty easy but the set up takes forever. I agree with 3link that we're due for another this time.

ugh :(

I'm okay with conditional sequencing if we can have an in/out game...

thatjuanguy

Postby thatjuanguy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm

I searched about 10 pages and realized I was wasting my time, so pardon me for asking a question that I am sure has been answered about 50 times already.

Anyone know when the scores for the Oct test will be released?

Thanks

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm

How did people feel the games on PT 55 and 53 were? I thought they were ridiculously easy. Evidenced by my -2. Both stupid mistakes.

I want peoples sentiments because I want to know if Ive genuinely improved on LG or if they really have gotten that much easier.

Thanks!

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:31 pm

gdane5 wrote:How did people feel the games on PT 55 and 53 were? I thought they were ridiculously easy. Evidenced by my -2. Both stupid mistakes.

I want peoples sentiments because I want to know if Ive genuinely improved on LG or if they really have gotten that much easier.

Thanks!

I think you improved! I found the games in the 40s like super-duper easy but the 50s, while easy, do have a few curveballs. The second game on 53 was ok but it had three different hypotheticals. Also, the conditional sequencing ones can be very tricky.

Give yourself credit. You've improved on games! They're all different, but I find that there's some aspect of difficulty to all PTs' games. It just depends on your weaknesses/strengths. And I still hold that the best practice I got with getting down to -1 and -0 on LG was doing those old pattern, circle and mapping games. Totally got me out the mindset of linearity/grouping only so I can figure out quickly how to approach all these new type of games.

Anyway, don't discount your hard work! It's obviously paying off.

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Thank you! My LG scores have been in the high teens with some 20 and over scores here and there. I havent done an average of them yet, but Id say that in the last 4 tests Ive averaged 20 correct.

I really dont know what types of games they are. Ive never been one to try and guess whether the game is a linear type or grouping or whatnot. I just do them.

Im sure Ive improved on games, but my performance on the last 4 tests is just such a stark contrast from my performance on the games in the 20s-40's.

In any case, Im anxious to try some of the more difficult ones ive heard about. I havent taken PT 60 yet so please dont spoil it. I know there supposed to be a tough one on there.

lparker

Postby lparker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 pm

thatjuanguy wrote:I searched about 10 pages and realized I was wasting my time, so pardon me for asking a question that I am sure has been answered about 50 times already.

Anyone know when the scores for the Oct test will be released?

Thanks

The score email date is 11/01. They usually come earlier than that, though.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

couple days before Halloween probably

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Anyone else screw up PT 52, Sec 4 (RC), Q 10?

I interpreted it to mean something like, "Each one of the following is true about the two passages EXCEPT:" With my mistaken interpretation in hand, I immediately eliminated C but found that the remaining four all looked equally correct.

lastch2

Postby lastch2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:59 pm

eit wrote:Anyone else super stressed about what they have to do schoolwork wise before the LSAT? I have a test tomorrow, two intense history tests on Monday the fourth, and quizzes on the 6th and 8th (the one on the 8th necessitating me reading a whole Shakespeare play for comprehension).

I'm seriously melting down under the stress. I have four Prep Tests left to take. Scheduled for Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (mock test), Monday, Wednesday. I don't know how I'm going to take all the prep tests I need to take and do all the studying I need to do at the same time.

YES!! I'm glad (well, not glad but you know) that others are dealing with this! last semester, final courses, lots of "you're a senior so i expect..." + lsat is killing me!

on a goodish note, took a fully simulated test today, PT 52 started at 7:30 (8:30 the time zone i'm taking it in) drank a slim fast for the vitamins, minerals, and high protien, 1/2 the 5hr energy, had a graduate assistant proctor it, did the full break, 5 sections, yadda yadda and got a 90 raw/171 scaled and that was with mixing up 2 bubbles (i had in my book 18.C 19.A, bubbled 18.A 19.C) that would have been right...but i figured it could possibly happen on test day.

and just to weigh in on the food thing....yeah, worrying about it is just another outlet for worrying and LSAC wins. eat the heart of a lion if you're badass jungle warrior, eat wtf ever otherwise! :lol:

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Man, worst/best feeling today on Preptest 53. I took it this morning but just kept feeling like I was going to fall asleep. And at the end I couldn't concentrate whatsoever. I honestly almost just stopped in the middle. Well got through it, and with RC being last and my condition I knew I had bombed it. Went to grade my exam 89 raw, 170 scaled. My breakdown:

LR - 0
LG - 0
LR - 0
RC - 11

My worst RC score ever and still broke 170 but it was the only time ever I've gone less than -2 total for LR. I just wish I could have been more up to the test today.
Last edited by Patriot1208 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm

^ that makes me feel less bad about my -7 RC on 53.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Ugh, just did PT58 and did a little better than I did on 57, but not much: -6, 175. (LR1 -3, RC -1, LG -1, LR2 -1)

I feel like PT57 and 58 have been a dramatic step up in difficulty. I used to miss only -1 or -2 combined on LR, but that seems to be a thing of the past as there are some LR questions that are downright malicious on these recent tests. Anyone who can score a 180 on 57 or 58 is a much smarter person than I.

If the October LSAT is anything like 57 and 58, I'm not at all confident that I will score in the 175+ range, where I had hoped.

jfb

Postby jfb » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 pm

How much have you all been studying the unusual games (pattern, mapping, circular). Seems like circular are just a variation on linear games and are not bad, but I've found the pattern games difficult. I have also noticed that pattern are extremley rare recently. Obviously, know one knows whats gonna be on the exam but, should I be spending much time working on improving them??

Postby 2014 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:Man, worst/best feeling today on Preptest 53. I took it this morning but just kept feeling like I was going to fall asleep. And at the end I couldn't concentrate whatsoever. I honestly almost just stopped in the middle. Well got through it, and with RC being last and my condition I knew I had bombed it. Went to grade my exam 89 raw, 170 scaled. My breakdown:

LR - 0
LG - 0
LR - 0
RC - 11

My worst RC score ever and still broke 170 but it was the only time ever I've gone less than -2 total for LR. I just wish I could have been more up to the test today.

Haha that is awesome (well not awesome, but ironic or interesting or something). At least you know where to focus your last week of studying.

Classygal87

Postby Classygal87 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Prep test #54 - 165
LR: -9
LG: -1
RC:-5

I've really been drilling RC this week with a lot of section work. Im trying to get it to click and work on improving my timing.
I would really like to be scoring (167-169) - I know we would all like to be scoring better lol
But any advice on where to spend the little time I left prepping? Is RC worth it or do you think its possible to cut down my LR even more (I have worked really hard on LR)?

My games I always finish with 3-5 min left.
Other than that I am racing the clock with timing.

Any advice is appreciated!

Good luck to you guys studying.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:48 pm

2014 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:Man, worst/best feeling today on Preptest 53. I took it this morning but just kept feeling like I was going to fall asleep. And at the end I couldn't concentrate whatsoever. I honestly almost just stopped in the middle. Well got through it, and with RC being last and my condition I knew I had bombed it. Went to grade my exam 89 raw, 170 scaled. My breakdown:

LR - 0
LG - 0
LR - 0
RC - 11

Haha that is awesome (well not awesome, but ironic or interesting or something). At least you know where to focus your last week of studying.

This is a good point. I have 5 PT's left I planned to take, should I take maybe just 3 of them and spend the other two days just doing RC?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:50 pm

My annoying freakin neighbor kept me up all night watching sponge bob square pants. FFS! My apartment is not cheap. Anyone who can afford to live next to me must have a serious job. How can anyone with a serious job watch sponge bob square pants?

Anyway, against my better judgment and following two nights of terrible rest, I'm taking PT 59 tonight. I simply can't put it off any more. If I bomb it, I bomb it. If I don't bomb it, it'll be good practice in the event I don't get a lot of sleep on the night of October the 8th.

PS: I knew it was sponge bob square pants because I could hear the opening theme. I am not familiar with the show.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 pm

3|ink wrote:My annoying freakin neighbor kept me up all night watching sponge bob square pants. FFS! My apartment is not cheap. Anyone who can afford to live next to me must have a serious job. How can anyone with a serious job watch sponge bob square pants?

Anyway, against my better judgment and following two nights of terrible rest, I'm taking PT 59 tonight. I simply can't put it off any more. If I bomb it, I bomb it. If I don't bomb it, it'll be good practice in the event I don't get a lot of sleep on the night of October the 8th.

PS: I knew it was sponge bob square pants because I could hear the opening theme. I am not familiar with the show.

Children?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 pm

LR - 0
LG - 0
LR - 0
RC - 11

At least you kicked LR and LG in the balls. Now you just have to drill RC over the next couple of days.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
3|ink wrote:My annoying freakin neighbor kept me up all night watching sponge bob square pants. FFS! My apartment is not cheap. Anyone who can afford to live next to me must have a serious job. How can anyone with a serious job watch sponge bob square pants?

Children?

No dude. It's one girl living on her own. She's my age (early 20's).

lparker

Postby lparker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Get a fan... That's what I use to drown out my annoying neighbors--who have pet elephants.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 pm

3|ink wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Children?

O well, I know plenty of stupid late teen early twenties females who watchs stupid disney and nickelodeon. They think it's cute or something.

Cromartie

Postby Cromartie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 pm

3|ink wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Children?

Is she hot?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Cromartie wrote:
3|ink wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Children?

Is she hot?

Negative.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”