October 2010 Test Prep

Hannibal

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Postby Hannibal » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 pm

I feel like the day is getting really close. June feels like yesterday.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I feel that way too...it's only five more weeks, I think! I'm becoming increasingly nervous about my 48 trip to get there and how it will affect my performance. Can't be helped, I suppose!

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm getting kind of scared. October is coming up very very very quickly :O, like y'all are saying.

brickman

Postby brickman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:00 am

42 days 8 hours, don't you all have a count down going?

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:32 am

brickman wrote:42 days 8 hours, don't you all have a count down going?

Absolutely not. This is one of the worst things you can do. Right up there with taking an energy drink on test day.

In any case, it'll go by quickly for me. No doubt about that.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 am

gdane5 wrote:

Absolutely not. This is one of the worst things you can do. Right up there with taking an energy drink on test day.

Hey, what's wrong with energy drinks? I drink them all the time and I have noticed that they seem to help my concentration while taking an LSAT prep test.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:43 am

gdane5 wrote:

Back up your unsupported conclusion with evidence damnit!

brickman

Postby brickman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:49 am

gdane5 wrote:

It's not like i'm counting the hours, it is just nice to know. Focusing on the moment is the main event, but always nice to know your place in the grand scheme, dawwwwwg.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 am

I took one today and I did good, gotta find what works for you. 5 hour energy's do ok for me, while i think chugging a monster wouldnt/

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 am

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:20 am

I currently am functioning on no caffeine. Hopefully I'll have adjusted my sleep schedule enough (I have 8.30 classes :O) by Oct 9th for that to continue, since caffeine just makes my brain twitchy.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

Hey, what's wrong with energy drinks? I drink them all the time and I have noticed that they seem to help my concentration while taking an LSAT prep test.

Energy drinks, especially those Monster, Rockstar and Redbull ones, are pure simple sugar. These are notorious for giving one a quick boost that lasts about an hour and then a quick crash that lasts anywhere from 2-4 hours. Some people claim that they help, and they very may well, but its just not smart to use this stuff. There are much better alternatives that wont leave you fatigued and crashed either midway or at the end of the test.

My choices? Banana's, peaches, granola bars, oatmeal and about 6 ginkgo biloba pills. That gets me going all day long! :shock:

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I don't normally consume a lot of caffeine, but I found that 5-hour energy helped my performance on the test. I drank half a bottle before the exam and the other half during the break to avoid any caffeine-jitters. However, I tested this method beforehand on several PTs to gauge its effectiveness. It's very, very important that you not try something for the first time on the big day.

lparker

Postby lparker » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

5hour Energy only has the caffeine of one cup of coffee, and it is sugar free. The energy claim is because it's full of vitamin B. I've never tried any other energy drinks, but 5Hour doesn't make me jittery or anything. But, I tend to agree with gdane. Eat a banana. Or peanut butter.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:34 pm

lparker wrote:5hour Energy only has the caffeine of one cup of coffee, and it is sugar free. The energy claim is because it's full of vitamin B. I've never tried any other energy drinks, but 5Hour doesn't make me jittery or anything. But, I tend to agree with gdane. Eat a banana. Or peanut butter.

The main thing is to avoid drinking so much stuff because then you'll have to piss! All these energy drinks have the same thing in common, they're liquid. Caffeine, while good for short term performance, is bad because its a freakin diuretic! It'll make you piss. I remember during Sept 2009 I had to piss in the middle of section 2 and in the middle of section 5. This was on an empty stomach with no nutrients in me whatsoever ( I got nervous and threw up before the test), imagine what would happen with caffeine and 5 hour energies. :shock:

In any case, everyone is different and everyone has their own tastes. Ive never been one to drink coffee so thats probably why it impacts me more negatively than it does other people.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Yeah, I'm personally going to depend upon the power of bananas and Clif/Luna bars + a few sips of Vitamin Water. I'm well aware Vitamin Water is likely to do nothing for my brain/smarts, lol... I really don't care, it just tastes yummy.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 pm

eit wrote:Yeah, I'm personally going to depend upon the power of bananas and Clif/Luna bars + a few sips of Vitamin Water. I'm well aware Vitamin Water is likely to do nothing for my brain/smarts, lol... I really don't care, it just tastes yummy.

Im going to load up on every single supplement and nootropic known to man. At the same time. :shock:
This'll either give me the biggest brain boost ever known to man or it'll turn me into this:

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:49 pm

gdane5 wrote:
eit wrote:Yeah, I'm personally going to depend upon the power of bananas and Clif/Luna bars + a few sips of Vitamin Water. I'm well aware Vitamin Water is likely to do nothing for my brain/smarts, lol... I really don't care, it just tastes yummy.

Im going to load up on every single supplement and nootropic known to man. At the same time. :shock:

Lol, I'm more akin to a five year old and I'm depending on my favorite pair of Keds and my special blue pencils to give me that mental boost. But I DID score my first 180 while using one of my new special blue pencils for the first time.

That's not a causation error, either, people. It's just magical thinking :). (Okay, so magical thinking = causation error, but so what.)

--ImageRemoved--
+

= Image

Although of course I'm not in a sorority and I'll be hunched over my computer awaiting the news, but who cares.

brickman

Postby brickman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 pm

lolol, great shoes.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 pm

So youre going to stay hunched over your computer for 3 straight weeks? Wow... youre a trooper.

In all seriousness, Im sure you'll do spectacular. Youre in a good position right now. Even at your "weakest" your scores are still really good.

Also, I'll have to look into the blue pencils. Blue is my favorite color.

One last thing, I wore a red track suit to the Sept LSAT. Not doing that again...

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:31 pm

gdane5 wrote:So youre going to stay hunched over your computer for 3 straight weeks? Wow... youre a trooper.

In all seriousness, Im sure you'll do spectacular. Youre in a good position right now. Even at your "weakest" your scores are still really good.

Also, I'll have to look into the blue pencils. Blue is my favorite color.

One last thing, I wore a red track suit to the Sept LSAT. Not doing that again...

Lol, I hope not! I'll be torn between trying to make myself as busy as possible to forget about it and the irrational desire to check my LSAC page for changes way too early and way too frequently, I'm sure.

And thank you, I'm just hoping that I can score within the lower range of my average (at least 170 would be nice). So I feel in good position if I don't let test day nerves/not sleeping get the best of me! I'm scheduling my higher intensity workout for Fridays so I'll be tired that night :).

Staedlater, man. White erasers. They look very professional. I got a matching eraser but I'm not cracking it open until that day, haha.

I just got an image of Sue Sylvester in my head. Was it matching?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:38 pm

gdane5 wrote:Energy drinks, especially those Monster, Rockstar and Redbull ones, are pure simple sugar. These are notorious for giving one a quick boost that lasts about an hour and then a quick crash that lasts anywhere from 2-4 hours. Some people claim that they help, and they very may well, but its just not smart to use this stuff. There are much better alternatives that wont leave you fatigued and crashed either midway or at the end of the test.

My choices? Banana's, peaches, granola bars, oatmeal and about 6 ginkgo biloba pills. That gets me going all day long! :shock:

Except when they're not. I only drink sugar-free.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:40 pm

I just wasted 3 hours trying to take a preptest in the classroom where it'll be proctored. I hate that summer session ended yesterday.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Hannibal wrote:I just wasted 3 hours trying to take a preptest in the classroom where it'll be proctored. I hate that summer session ended yesterday.

I found my classroom but it was completely dark and we couldn't find the lights. (It's an auditorium and in my school that equals = very complex light set up you can't find, apparently.) So I sat there in the dark trying to imagine how it would feel to take the LSAT there while my friend was like "let's go before someone sees us lurking here in the dark."

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:52 pm

171 on #31 with a slight hangover and a sick dog on my lap. Test day annoyances can suck it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”