October 2010 Test Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
xqhp82

Bronze

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Post by xqhp82 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 am

jaws wrote:I'm also in for the October LSAT! I'm already anxious to get started, but will have to wait until June when my teaching job ends. Is anyone planning on taking a Blueprint course? As of now I am planning on doing the Blueprint Movie course. Anyone have any experience with this? I've heard a lot of positive feedback about this course. The movie works well for me because I am planning on living out of the city, far from any test prep centers (free rent in a beautiful part of the state!) for the 3-4 months that I prepare for the test. I will be able to study full time during these months. With BP, you end up working out every LSAT problem ever released (except maybe with the exception of one test). Is anyone afraid of running out of prep material too early, or is there enough where this shouldn't be a concern?

Thanks!
In the EXACT situation here! I wont be able to start until june and will spend 3-4 months full time. I was torn between the options of complete self-study, self-study+ PS virtual class, and self-study+ BP movie. I'm still undecided now any suggestion would be grateful...

i read somewhere that the BP course includes a lot of materials (5 huge books plus 4hrs+ video for each lesson), if I only have 4 months max, would it be silly for me to sign up for that course, and buy all three PS bibles, the three official test series, plus LSAT SuperPrep thinking that I could finish them all??

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

xqhp82 wrote:i read somewhere that the BP course includes a lot of materials (5 huge books plus 4hrs+ video for each lesson), if I only have 4 months max, would it be silly for me to sign up for that course, and buy all three PS bibles, the three official test series, plus LSAT SuperPrep thinking that I could finish them all??
will you have a lot of other stuff going on during those 4 months?

also, if the blueprint course doesn't provide them, make sure to purchase & take some more recent pt's! the official test series/lsat superprep contains older tests, which do have some differences from the newer tests.

jaws

New

Post by jaws » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

xqhp82 wrote:
In the EXACT situation here! I wont be able to start until june and will spend 3-4 months full time. I was torn between the options of complete self-study, self-study+ PS virtual class, and self-study+ BP movie. I'm still undecided now any suggestion would be grateful...

i read somewhere that the BP course includes a lot of materials (5 huge books plus 4hrs+ video for each lesson), if I only have 4 months max, would it be silly for me to sign up for that course, and buy all three PS bibles, the three official test series, plus LSAT SuperPrep thinking that I could finish them all??
I've been emailing with someone who works for BP and they've been super helpful. They say that if you're studying full time, three months is sufficient time to finish the course. Also, there is no need to buy extra materials (LSAC released tests, etc.) because within the materials that you are provided by BP, it includes every released test that LSAC puts out. Some of them are cut up and used throughout the lessons, and I believe 16 of them are used for actual diagnostics. Over the course, you do 6,000+ actual LSAT problems! It sounds like there's no need to get the PS bibles if you do BP, but I can't say for sure.

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:50 pm

jaws wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:

I've been emailing with someone who works for BP and they've been super helpful. They say that if you're studying full time, three months is sufficient time to finish the course. Also, there is no need to buy extra materials (LSAC released tests, etc.) because within the materials that you are provided by BP, it includes every released test that LSAC puts out. Some of them are cut up and used throughout the lessons, and I believe 16 of them are used for actual diagnostics. Over the course, you do 6,000+ actual LSAT problems! It sounds like there's no need to get the PS bibles if you do BP, but I can't say for sure.
Yeah, no need to get other material, our Blueprint books are made up of all the released LSATs. The exception is the three tests in LSAC SuperPrep (LSAC doesn't license those to test prep companies). And, if you're studying for Oct 2010, you should get June 2010 when it's released (you can pre-order it now).

jaws

New

Post by jaws » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 pm

bp colin wrote: And, if you're studying for Oct 2010, you should get June 2010 when it's released (you can pre-order it now).
bp colin,
What did you mean by this? In June 2010 there's going to be another BP course released?

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:02 pm

jaws wrote:
bp colin wrote: And, if you're studying for Oct 2010, you should get June 2010 when it's released (you can pre-order it now).
bp colin,
What did you mean by this? In June 2010 there's going to be another BP course released?

Thanks

I believe he means to pre-order the June 2010 LSAT from the LSAC website to use during your prep this summer.

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm

On another note, on this beautiful sunny NYC day, I was at Bryant Park studying Logical Flaws and Grouping Games...I did make sure to window shop at Zara immediately after.

Mr. Smith

New

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Holy cow, you guys are starting early.

Best of luck to you all!

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:33 pm

starlight007 wrote:
jaws wrote:
bp colin,

Thanks

I believe he means to pre-order the June 2010 LSAT from the LSAC website to use during your prep this summer.
yeah, that's exactly what I mean, thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gatorbait

New

Post by gatorbait » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 am

Count me in here! Let's do this guys! I'll be taking my diagnostic sometime this upcoming weekend, and we'll go from there. Together we can do this???!?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 am

gatorbait wrote:Count me in here! Let's do this guys! I'll be taking my diagnostic sometime this upcoming weekend, and we'll go from there. Together we can do this???!?
+1!

I really hope this thread will continue to be as supportive as it has been!

stefan

New

Post by stefan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 am

Hi everyone!
I will take the october lsat and also intend to (self) study three full months during the summer, starting end of June!

Good luck to everyone! We rock!

UFmark

New

Post by UFmark » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 am

I'm debating on postponing to the October test...Have been doing relatively well but I feel like a few months of extra studying can improve my score a bit. What are your opinions on taking the June test and then possibly taking the October if I don't score as high as I had hoped?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am

UFmark wrote:I'm debating on postponing to the October test...Have been doing relatively well but I feel like a few months of extra studying can improve my score a bit. What are your opinions on taking the June test and then possibly taking the October if I don't score as high as I had hoped?
I don't think planning to retake is a good idea just because so many schools will average your two scores. If you don't think you will be as ready as necessary by June, don't take it in June.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Going to the library in two hours equipped with Starbucks. Logical Reasoning all day. I like to think that starting the week with my favorite section will get my week off to a good start. :wink:

UFmark

New

Post by UFmark » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm

UFmark wrote:I'm debating on postponing to the October test...Have been doing relatively well but I feel like a few months of extra studying can improve my score a bit. What are your opinions on taking the June test and then possibly taking the October if I don't score as high as I had hoped?
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm "planning" to retake as I am already very prepared for the test. However, I do feel like more studying could yield a higher score, but isn't this always the case?

I guess I will have to pay close attention to my upcoming scores on PT's and deduce if I have reached a plateau!

Heading to the campus library now for a PT, I'll let you all know how it goes!

abbas123

Bronze

Post by abbas123 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

UFmark wrote:I guess I will have to pay close attention to my upcoming scores on PT's and deduce if I have reached a plateau!
"deduce"? haha you're def in the right mindset :)

hope it went well!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TUP

Bronze

Post by TUP » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 am

luxxe wrote:
I don't think planning to retake is a good idea just because so many schools will average your two scores. If you don't think you will be as ready as necessary by June, don't take it in June.
This is the opposite of advice I've read on this board regarding retakes since the ABA change to LSAT reporting a few years ago. I thought most do NOT average any longer?

UFmark

New

Post by UFmark » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 am

TUP wrote:
luxxe wrote:
This is the opposite of advice I've read on this board regarding retakes since the ABA change to LSAT reporting a few years ago. I thought most do NOT average any longer?
Through further research I have found that each school has different policies on LSAT scores. Some take averages while others take the highest posted score with slight "consideration" of lower score(if it is significantly lower, ie 151 - 173 an addendum is requested).

My top two schools both "consider" lower scores so I will be taking the June LSAT without worry. This may actually work in my favor, indirectly calming my nerves knowing that if I don't score as high as I had hoped I can take the October test with impunity.

melinda.corbin

New

Post by melinda.corbin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 am

The decision to take LSAT in June is also wise because many schools do not accept feb score.

nonpareilpearl

New

Post by nonpareilpearl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 am

melinda.corbin wrote:The decision to take LSAT in June is also wise because many schools do not accept feb score.
Schools don't accept scores from any time of year (so long as they can be sent to the school before applications are due, of course)?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DreamLaw

New

Post by DreamLaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

Hi everyone!

I will also be taking the LSAT for the first time in October. I haven't started studying yet but I will begin in about 2 weeks when finals are over. I bought the bibles a few months ago and now i just need to get the past exams and superprep. Does anyone know whether its better to order the exams from LSAC or Amazon? Which one would come in less time? Thank you!

nonpareilpearl

New

Post by nonpareilpearl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am

DreamLaw wrote:Does anyone know whether its better to order the exams from LSAC or Amazon? Which one would come in less time?
I bought them from Amazon, personally. I know I heard of at least one person who ordered them form LSAC and they never arrived, but I'm not sure if that's typical or an isolated case.

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 pm

After an abysmal admissions cycle this year, I'm putting on my LSAT hat once again. October 2010, let's do this...

--ImageRemoved--

DreamLaw

New

Post by DreamLaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm

nonpareilpearl wrote:
DreamLaw wrote:Does anyone know whether its better to order the exams from LSAC or Amazon? Which one would come in less time?
I bought them from Amazon, personally. I know I heard of at least one person who ordered them form LSAC and they never arrived, but I'm not sure if that's typical or an isolated case.

thanks for the response. I also think its better i get them from Amazon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”