October 2010 Test Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whitefeather2011

New

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Post by whitefeather2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 am

You'll get your score on the 29th anyways.
Much better than the 1st :lol:

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:57 am

im not doing anything for the next 2 weeks... ill start studying then get my scores and decide wheter or not to continue or submit my apps.... eeh... it wont be that bad

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:59 am

Whew, just got back! Felt pretty solid, and nothing weird lurking in the undisclosedness :-)

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:50 am

Dripworx wrote: my lsat buddy was telling me that it would make sense to maybe cool it with prep for like 2 weeks or so, just bc there is no more material left to study so perhaps if i forgot the material a bit, it would kind of still function as prep material.

its amazing that over 5 months i was able to memorize games/patterns, inferences in LR's, and answers to qeustions in over 50+ tests. I think that by itself is merit of some kind of medal/award/trophy .... something... gift card to radio shack at least.
Definitely deserves a gift card to radio shack.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:52 am

Grrr....2 more nights before I can get this thing over with. All revved up and rarin' to go! Drilling LG this morning, after which I will be saying goodbye to LSAT prep forever.

Weird thing... I typically don't sleep before midnight, but the past week or so, I've been forcing myself to be in bed my 9:30 pm at the latest just to make sure I stay fresh. Well, I've been able to sleep before 11, but have been waking up at 4:30-5 am. LOL! I guess I am not meant to get the full 8 hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm

now that the test is done, what are all of you going to do with your free time?????

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:58 pm

northwood wrote:now that the test is done, what are all of you going to do with your free time?????
Read!! I have so many books on hold that I've been wanting to read. Now I can. Oh yea, and apply to law school lol.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
northwood wrote:now that the test is done, what are all of you going to do with your free time?????
Read!! I have so many books on hold that I've been wanting to read. Now I can. Oh yea, and apply to law school lol.
This. And also find work (been sort-of searching since graduation a month ago)

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Go shopping/spend money I don't have. Translate Latin, do reading, study for test. Maybe if I keep myself really busy with schoolwork when I get my dreadful score my GPA will be so high it'll be okay... sort of...

I feel like Hermione after her Ancient Runes OWL.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:23 am

Did anyone notice any answer patterns for the RC?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:25 am

jarofsoup wrote:Did anyone notice any answer patterns for the RC?
All of my answers were one of the first five letters of the alphabet!!!

Except a couple were F or H.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 am

incompetentia wrote:

Insightful..but really folks

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:15 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
incompetentia wrote:

Insightful..but really folks
Well really, we cant say things like answer patterns on the boards, because otherwise we'll get banned. It's not allowed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh I didnt know you weren't allowed to do this. No wonder I have been ignored.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:19 pm

im not sure about patterns, but one guy asked me after the test about what I thought of the RC section. I told him i had 2, and while it was a lot of reading ( back to back) the passages seemed easy, but the questions took longer than I expected. He replied " Oh, well I hope it was the experimental on mine as well, since I put E for every question."
I wanted to ask what other sections he had, but I decided to let him cling on to that one bit of hope

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:49 pm

northwood wrote:im not sure about patterns, but one guy asked me after the test about what I thought of the RC section. I told him i had 2, and while it was a lot of reading ( back to back) the passages seemed easy, but the questions took longer than I expected. He replied " Oh, well I hope it was the experimental on mine as well, since I put E for every question."
I wanted to ask what other sections he had, but I decided to let him cling on to that one bit of hope

Yeah I didn't guess. Just noticed a lot of repitition made me worry. I had not more than two in a row but this happened about 3 times. But I am probably just over analyzing. I usaully do really well on RC and did good on the rest of the test and this was the only section that I am uncertian on. I felt very rushed.

Please let me know if this is to much info. I dont see how anyone could get anything out this regarding the test answers.

Stressful I hope I didnt blow it.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 pm

you did fine.. have confidence in your abilities

i do have aquestion. If you misbubbled a section, do you have to contact LSAC before 6 days after the test, or wait until you get your scores. Im starting to become paranoid that I misbubbled the games section, even though i feel as though I did well on it. Should I contact them and tell them, or wait and see how i do?

i think its just paranoia

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm

northwood wrote:you did fine.. have confidence in your abilities

i do have aquestion. If you misbubbled a section, do you have to contact LSAC before 6 days after the test, or wait until you get your scores. Im starting to become paranoid that I misbubbled the games section, even though i feel as though I did well on it. Should I contact them and tell them, or wait and see how i do?

Wait there is nothing you can do. I think you have like 45 days after the test results come out to have it handscored. Look it up at LSAC.org to confirm deadline.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:09 pm

northwood wrote:you did fine.. have confidence in your abilities

There's nothing you can do about misbubbling. Once your score comes out you can have your score sheet handscored, but this doesn't correct for misbubbling.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:51 pm

to ease my nerves I called LSAC. I have 60 days to ask for a re score. The lady told me that if I think i misbubbled a section, if I know where the misbubbling occurred, i could have them check it out. THe section im worried about is the games section, and i told her that i diid the games out of order. She said it was fine, but I would have to explain it in wiriting, and indicate how and where the misbubbling occurred.

with that said, at least I know theres a slim fighting chance if indeed I did misbubble the game section... nerves eased and restored to pre lsat prep days

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”