Any advice would be appreaciated

stintez

Any advice would be appreaciated

Postby stintez » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

I have been studying for my lsat for about two and half months, for about 2 hours a day 4-5 days a week. I work full time so that is really all that i can do. I have also signed up for a Kap course which starts April 12th. Initially on my first diagnostic test i scored very very poorly with a 133 which is not promising. However, on the other test i have taken i have scored 147, 148, 151, 153, 156, not necessarily in that order. My goal for my real test is 160 because that will give me the best odds are receiving money from a law school that is in my area. I am starting to feel a little discouraged, because my friends tell me it is very hard to go up much more after even with the class and that I should hope for a 155-158. Personally I no my weaknesses and am just really hoping that Kap will give me the extra 8-10 points I need. My hope is that on the initial diagnostic test at Kap I get at least a 151. Until the start of the class I am unsure what to or how to study. I have done the power score bible and am thinking about going threw it one more time and I may take two practice test a week after work. Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do. Also is there any hope that i can break the 160 barrier or are my friends right. My brother who is an attorney said on his first real lsat he got a 153 and on his second he got a 163 he ended up going to Notre Dame law school. He thinks the sky is the limit for me, I feel as though he is required to say that because he is my brother. Moreover, I do not want to take this damn test more than once and am willing to sacrifice anything to get the score i so badly want. Thanks

marladine

Re: Any advice would be appreaciated

Postby marladine » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:21 pm

hey! i totally know the feeling-i just finished the application cycle and i am going to law school in the fall. The LSAT can feel like it is the only thing between you and your future goals...but trust me, it isn't. Signing up for the kap course is a great start (i also to a kap course and found it really helpful) bc they will point out things that you just won't even think about.

One thing to do--if you aren't already--is go over EVERY answer on your practice tests. even on the questions you got right. the explanations are so so SO key to boosting your score. honestly, until the course starts i would just keep reviewing. THERE IS NO BARRIER. Your brother is right! My score would rise and fall throughout my studying and i would freak out, on the actual test i scored 3 points higher than i did on my highest practice test. So just keep chipping away.

Lastly, DONT neglect the other parts of your application. I am going to an Ivy League Law School (columbia) with a score a few points below the average. GPA and personal statments really do matter, and are looked at as critically as the LSAT in alot of cases. Hope that helps!

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 pm

GPA and personal statments really do matter, and are looked at as critically as the LSAT in alot of cases. Hope that helps!

Are you a suburban white male?

stintez

Postby stintez » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Shrimps wrote:
GPA and personal statments really do matter, and are looked at as critically as the LSAT in alot of cases. Hope that helps!

Are you a suburban white male?

No I am first generation Hispanic my father is from Belize.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”