FAMU LSAT testing center review? Proctors?

MSachmorov

FAMU LSAT testing center review? Proctors?

Postby MSachmorov » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello,
I have heard some mixed things about taking the LSAT at FAMU (the main campus in Tallahassee, Fl). Among many other things, someone told me that the proctors do not keep proper time (even calling 5 mins early) and are not harsh enough, they even let people be loud and have phones out! I was wondering if anyone has taken an LSAT there and can offer any other insight on how they are? The only reason I signed up there was because there were no other options. I have searched the forum but it seems no one has offered a review yet. Opinions anyone?

Also, is there anything you can do if you have a bad proctor? I am tempted to call LSAC and tell them what I have heard just to see if they will make sure there is a good proctor in the room ha ha. Speaking of, is LSAC responsible for the proctors used at a certain testing center or does the location simply use teachers from that school?
Last edited by MSachmorov on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Bateman

Re: FAMU LSAT testing center review? Proctors?

Postby Sean Bateman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 pm

are you talking about FAMU in Tally or FAMU Law in Orlando?
I have heard the law school is the best testing center in orlando and always fills up first (leads me to believe your talking about the main campus in Tally).
Rumor has it the AC is perfect, and testtakers get large private tables with big comfortable seats.

as for the center in Tally, I know absolutely nothing.

MSachmorov

Postby MSachmorov » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:are you talking about FAMU in Tally or FAMU Law in Orlando?
I have heard the law school is the best testing center in orlando and always fills up first (leads me to believe your talking about the main campus in Tally).
Rumor has it the AC is perfect, and testtakers get large private tables with big comfortable seats.

as for the center in Tally, I know absolutely nothing.

Oops, I totally forgot that the law school was in Orlando. I meant the main campus in Tallahassee! Thanks for the response though, hopefully someone will know something about the main campus.

WilliamDeWrites

Postby WilliamDeWrites » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 am

Don't know about the main campus, but FAMU law was excellent. Capable staff, great room, comfortable chair, the works. Check in was a little slow, but that could just be that administration.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”