Help, need some advice!!

Solerpower

Help, need some advice!!

Postby Solerpower » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

So i've been studying for two months, which as I understand is rather short. However, in the FIVE practice tests i've taken and after reading a solid 1/3 of each bible, I have scored a 156, 161, 164, 161, and 163.

My most recent PT of 163, the break down was

LR 22/26 -4
LR 18/24 -6
RC 19/27 -8
LG 22/24 -2

Basically, i'm seeing a very little improvement and obviously i'm freaking out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve better than I am and have any idea what score i'm probably looking at considering my recent scores.

My final question is whether or not I should reschedule my LSAT. I'm currently signed up for June, but i'm seriously considering changing it to October.

Any ideas?

wocehtoom

Re: Help, need some advice!!

Postby wocehtoom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 pm

You have only taken 5 test in two months? What are you doing? Get out there and practice. You should have taken dozens by the time the test rolls around. Also, your progress isn't always going to be linear. Just keep your nose to the grindstone and reevaluate your situation at the end of May

chicagobullsfan

Postby chicagobullsfan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 pm

^^"A solid 1/3" is nothing. I would finish the other bibles, and focus on getting things right untimed. Which PTs have you jumped into? Personally, I would have held off on getting into those until you finished the bibles. I only focused on the games in the bible until I finished in, now I am supplementing my reading of LR with a daily 2-3 new games from strictly OLD (1-28) PTs and a few repeats here and there. I am saving 29-59 for the last two months.

Give some more detail, might be able to help you better. Even though my scores would probably be in the same range as yours if I took full PTs at this point, (I got a 161 on my only diag, good old PT 30) I am focusing on nailing down the individual parts first (LG, LR, RC) before proceeding to the larger PTs as a whole, even timing them but continuing on if I do well, and then trying to fix the timing once my scores improve.

yung

Postby yung » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 am

finish reading all the bibles first the info that they contain for the different question types will help boost you. As for RC, you just have to make sure you are not burnt out.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”