Here we go again...retake Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GoBroncos22!

Bronze

Here we go again...retake

Post by GoBroncos22! » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 am

I took the December 2009 LSAT and got a 158- I was definitely not disappointed but I was not ecstatic. Come 3 months later, I have decided that Law School is most definitely what I want to do and that a 158 is, well, not good enough any more for my target schools. I want to hit a 165. So I just signed up for the June test, which gives me two months of intense study time- I will being tonight. My question is, for those who have done retakes, after 3 months of not even having one thought of LSAT on my mind, is it harder, easier, about the same, etc..when attempting to familiarize yourself with the material? I don't know why, but I feel more confident this time. I studied for about 2 months previously and went from a diag of 151 to a 158 on the test. With ~3 hr/day study for 2 months AFTER 3 months of break, what do you all think of the likelihood me hittin 165? Thanks a lot. I look forward to countless more posts and frustrating hours of endless study...Cheers!

CmonSD

Bronze

Re: Here we go again...retake

Post by CmonSD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

I just wanted to say good luck! I am retaking in June with my 158 and hoping for at least a 165 too. I took two Kaplan courses before but I found myself sitting there spaced out the whole time. I suck hardcore at the reading comp section, so after taking the advice of some folks on here I broke out some really dense reading material (non LSAT related), and it has actually helped a lot.

GoBroncos22!

Bronze

Post by GoBroncos22! » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:13 pm

CmonSD wrote:I just wanted to say good luck! I am retaking in June with my 158 and hoping for at least a 165 too. I took two Kaplan courses before but I found myself sitting there spaced out the whole time. I suck hardcore at the reading comp section, so after taking the advice of some folks on here I broke out some really dense reading material (non LSAT related), and it has actually helped a lot.

Thanks, good luck to you as well. Just briefly I did an LR section this afternoon and only missed 5-which was basically my highest I ever hit a few months ago. I feel more relaxed this time around because even if I dont get a 165, I still have my 158 which could atleast get me into my safety schools-so that pressure is off atleast.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 pm

GoBroncos22! wrote:
CmonSD wrote:I just wanted to say good luck! I am retaking in June with my 158 and hoping for at least a 165 too. I took two Kaplan courses before but I found myself sitting there spaced out the whole time. I suck hardcore at the reading comp section, so after taking the advice of some folks on here I broke out some really dense reading material (non LSAT related), and it has actually helped a lot.

Thanks, good luck to you as well. Just briefly I did an LR section this afternoon and only missed 5-which was basically my highest I ever hit a few months ago. I feel more relaxed this time around because even if I dont get a 165, I still have my 158 which could atleast get me into my safety schools-so that pressure is off atleast.
Congrats. Did you apply this year or are you applying next year? I am getting waitlisted pretty much everywhere at this point, so I figure ride it out and see what happens. Keep me posted!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 pm

I got a 155 in September. By the time I got my score (mid Oct) I hadn't looked at LSAT stuff for 3 weeks and I only had about 7 weeks to study for my December re-take. As soon as I started studying again I felt more confident and much more laid back about it. Aside from completely re-doing the LGB I did a very laid back version of studying and my score went up 9 points.

I think it can really depend on the person though. Based on my PTs before my first LSAT I have a feeling that my low first score was more due to nerves/burnout than lack of LSAT skills. I studied my butt off the first time and knew what I was doing - I just couldn't apply it properly because I was stressed and anxious. Hopefully I will get over that by this fall when I begin law school and no longer have the re-take option.

Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yung

Bronze

Post by yung » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

I canceled my score and had a retake in 2009. I didn't look at any questions for about a month and a half and it was definitely hard in the beginning. But it helped me relax A LOT more later on when I was studying for my retake in December.
However, I would recommend that you can take a month off but after that due a section every other day (rotating different rc, lr, lg) until you are ready to go hardcore again.

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. Retaking in September and haven't looked at LSAT since LAST September (my last test). In a way this is really bad (I did a logic game by atlas and it took me like 30 minutes) but also it's good because I bought the bibles and I will essentially be RELEARNING the process. Which is a positive thing for me, because it helps solidify what I DO remember, while at the same time, having fresh eyes to look at the materials.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”