which version of the powerscore logic games bible to buy? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
maniac0788

New

which version of the powerscore logic games bible to buy?

Post by maniac0788 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello,

I want to start preparing for the LSAT and was thinking of getting powerscore's logic games bible to begin my preparation.

Which version would you guys suggest for a starter? there are a few older editions as well as newer ones. Should I buy the 2009 version? or would an older version be sufficient?

Please let me know what you guys think

thanks in advance
ES

cendien

Bronze

Re: which version of the powerscore logic games bible to buy?

Post by cendien » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd just buy it from their website. Differences in editions are probably just limited to some games that got updated. But that might be worth it - the cost is pretty low for a pretty damn good book already. Also, I think you can buy the pack and get a discount from their site, and the LRB is also a good resource.

What you want to avoid is buying an older used book that has already been written in. If you can guarantee that a slightly older one is free of marks and will save a lot, then go for it, I suppose. But I would still recommend the newer version - no good reason not to.

cubswin

Silver

Re: which version of the powerscore logic games bible to buy?

Post by cubswin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:23 pm

I used the 2009 version and was quite pleased with it.

However, I did encounter a contrary opinion recently on the blog of an LSAT tutor. He suggested the older edition (is it 2003?) because the new one uses some recent games as examples, thus diminishing the accuracy of your scores when you take the PTs they are taken from. He also said that the older edition is about half the length, but that most the added pages are fluff.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”