Dude with a perfect 180 doesn't want to go to law school.

DoubleChecks

Re: Dude with a perfect 180 doesn't want to go to law school.

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Why? Someone like that should be productive member of society and do something they have pasion for.

shouldn't everyone?

they should; few do

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:Anyways, it is ridiculous to expect everyone who gets a 180 (or in your case a 178) to go to law school. I mean, anyone who gets a score that high could bust their ass (or not, in some cases) and do the same on the GRE and GMAT, so are they supposed to get 15 degrees just because they can?

This is usually the line I use with my students. I got a 180 on the LSAT, but I also got a 770 on the GMAT, and I'm not likely to go to business school. When they object, "But you'd be so good at it!" (for law school), I say, "Why? Because I can tell you which birds are in the forest according to the following conditions? Really?"

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:09 pm

tomwatts wrote:
Flanker1067 wrote:Anyways, it is ridiculous to expect everyone who gets a 180 (or in your case a 178) to go to law school. I mean, anyone who gets a score that high could bust their ass (or not, in some cases) and do the same on the GRE and GMAT, so are they supposed to get 15 degrees just because they can?

This is usually the line I use with my students. I got a 180 on the LSAT, but I also got a 770 on the GMAT, and I'm not likely to go to business school. When they object, "But you'd be so good at it!" (for law school), I say, "Why? Because I can tell you which birds are in the forest according to the following conditions? Really?"

It's true, but you would be good at getting in to law school.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 am

Peter North wrote:Likewise, there are some people that actually go to law school (eg. JD/MBAs) but never end up practicing or becoming lawyers (ie. Mitt Romney). Investment bankers, consultants, political lobbyists, etc. are some good examples.

This is very much true; I cannot recall the source, but I read awhile back that most JDs do not pursue careers directly involved with the legal field. Go figure.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”