Anyone use this LSAT Tutor? Help Needed

jdland2010

Anyone use this LSAT Tutor? Help Needed

Postby jdland2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 pm

I came across this guy who is a LSAT Tutor and he has a huge following: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ Anyone use this guys methods? And if so, are they any good?

Anyone follow his study schedules? Let me know.
Last edited by jdland2010 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsong

Re: Anyone use this guys LSAT Prep methods?

Postby starsong » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 pm

jdland2010 wrote:I came across this guy who is a LSAT Tutor and he has a huge following: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ Anyone use this guys methods? And if so, are they any good?

I didn't use his methods, but he does have some good material there. I went over his blog posts while prepping.

merc280

Re: Anyone use this LSAT Tutor? Help Needed

Postby merc280 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 pm

I was really close to using him as a tutor but he charges more than any other tutor I have seen, and although his study schedule seems to be uniquely made he pretty much wants you to go through the bibles, do the relevant questions in the prep tests and then start doing pt's timed.

mrodriguez1440

Postby mrodriguez1440 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I did. I used him for one hour, and it cost $150. Was he worth it? Yes. He actually was.

It's weird, because it wasn't until after I reviewed the work that we did that I realized how helpful he was.

Here is how it will work (at least for the LG tutoring):

1. You call him, and set-up time
2. Pay him via paypal
3. He will call you, or you will call him (if you don't live in NY).
4. He will do diagrams on an online whiteboard.
5. You can ask any questions you might have.

To maximize your money, make sure you have questions ready to go. 1 hour goes by quickly.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:45 pm

mrodriguez1440 wrote:I did. I used him for one hour, and it cost $150. Was he worth it? Yes. He actually was.

It's weird, because it wasn't until after I reviewed the work that we did that I realized how helpful he was.

2. Pay him via paypal

To maximize your money, make sure you have questions ready to go. 1 hour goes by quickly.

did you learn all that you needed to in one hour though? I feel like I wouldn't know what I really need until after reviewing everything he can help me with, which is gonna take a few hours.

jdland2010

Postby jdland2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too...I'll just do my own thing and self-study. Thanks.

merc280 wrote:I was really close to using him as a tutor but he charges more than any other tutor I have seen, and although his study schedule seems to be uniquely made he pretty much wants you to go through the bibles, do the relevant questions in the prep tests and then start doing pt's timed.

jdland2010

Postby jdland2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm glad to hear that he is that great, but I definitely cannot afford this guy. Maybe I should pray for wealthy parents and have them pay for him :D

mrodriguez1440 wrote:I did. I used him for one hour, and it cost $150. Was he worth it? Yes. He actually was.

2. Pay him via paypal

jdland2010

Postby jdland2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm

I agree with you on that. I still can't afford this guy though.

merc280 wrote:

2. Pay him via paypal

did you learn all that you needed to in one hour though? I feel like I wouldn't know what I really need until after reviewing everything he can help me with, which is gonna take a few hours.

fiathebia

Postby fiathebia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 am

i read his blog all the time. he posts a lot of great resources for free. if you can do most of your studying on your own and then just compile all your questions for him at the end, it could be worth it to spend the $ for an hour or two with him. it sure beats a $1300 prep class where 90% of the stuff they teach you can be read in the bibles, on this board, or his blog. plus i find that i learn the best when i am forced to figure things out by myself.

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:05 am

2. Pay him via paypal

You only got one hour for $150?? That's crazy because how much can you really learn within a one hour session online? I'm looking to use a tutor to go along with the LSAT prep course I'm going to take, so if anyone know's a good tutor in L.A. let me know.

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:27 pm

I know a pretty good LSAT tutor who would charge you 75 dollars an hour; sometimes he will give you the first 2 hours free. He scored 176 and graduated from Harvard Law School. I haven't reached the level where I will need a tutor yet but I had a free 2-hour session with him for free. He is very clear and professional. If you want to contact him let me know; I will shoot him an e-mail.

He lives in Orlando by the way but can conduct phone tutoring.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 am

HiLine wrote:I had a free 2-hour session with him for free.

First thought: I got some GEN-U-WINE imitation bad apples! Free sample for your peace of mind only $9.95!

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Good call, tomwatts. However, if you think about some websites that advertise free access to materials for paid membership, my phrase doesn't sound too bad. :wink:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”