Logic Games - PT 32 Game 3 (Q 15) and PT 27 Game 4 (Q 24)

angiej

Logic Games - PT 32 Game 3 (Q 15) and PT 27 Game 4 (Q 24)

Postby angiej » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I don't get it. I answered correctly all the other questions in the game and understand it, but even with the correct answer now in front of me I am lost. Can someone help me?

With PT 32 Game 3 question 15 it seems impossible that F can be performed either sixth or seventh because of the rule with F/R _ _ R/F and thus there is not enough room (and I realize that O has to be performed fifth since first is out of the question (because there would be no room for T).

With PT 27 Game 4 Question 24, if we are eliminating an orange and adding a green, then it is only logical that green would appear three times, right? Why is the correct answer placing green twice? This would leave an empty spot.

I'm starting to wonder if I really am right but this is a misprint or something?

dakatz

Re: Logic Games - PT 32 Game 3 (Q 15) and PT 27 Game 4 (Q 24)

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 pm

On the first one, just make the hypothetical setup that gets you to the answer. You are right that O goes fifth. T comes right before it in the 4th spot, with R third. Perhaps you misread the rule "T is performed either immediately before F or immediately after R". This means you have either a TF block or an RT block. Obviously you can't have a TF block here, so you have an RT block. Also, remember that L or H must be last. F is free to go in either spot 6 or 7. In fact, these are the only two spots where it could do, since it needs to be at least 2 spots away from R.

_ _ R T O _ _ L/H

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:53 pm

dakatz wrote:On the first one, just make the hypothetical setup that gets you to the answer. You are right that O goes fifth. T comes right before it in the 4th spot, with R third. Also, remember that L or H must be last. F is free to go in either spot 6 or 7. In fact, these are the only two spots where it could do, since it needs to be at least 2 spots away from R.

_ _ R T O _ _ L/H

Ah that's it! I'm a dummy! It says "at least" not "exactly." Grrrrr. I took for granted that F and R had to be exactly two spots away, not at least. Thanks!

Any one want to chime in on PT 27 Game 4 Question 24?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:55 pm

On the second game, perhaps you have misread the question. It is asking which cars MUST be green. Yes, you have three green cars, but there are only 2 which MUST be green cars. The 3rd one can go in one of many spots. Spots 1 and 3 must be green, but the final green car can be either spot 5 or 6. So when they ask which MUST be green cars, we can only say 1 and 3.

So the new factors are G G G, O, and P P.

You can do the following,

G O/P G O/P G P

G O/P G O/P P G

Only spots 1 and 3 must be green.
Last edited by dakatz on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:58 pm

dakatz wrote:On the second game, perhaps you have misread the question. It is asking where a green car MUST go. Yes, you have three green cars, but there are only 2 spots which MUST have a green car. The 3rd one can go in one of many spots. Spots 1 and 3 must have green cars, but the final green car can go in either spot 5 or 6. So when they ask which spots MUST have green cars, we can only say 1 and 3.

Ah, okay this makes sense. (And especially since purple canbe fifth or sixth).

So how would one diagram the issue I had with PT 32 Game 3 where it reads "at least two compositions are performed either after F and before R or after R and before F?" I read the PS LG bible and for some reason I remember only the F _ _ R bit.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

angiej wrote:
dakatz wrote:On the second game, perhaps you have misread the question. It is asking where a green car MUST go. Yes, you have three green cars, but there are only 2 spots which MUST have a green car. The 3rd one can go in one of many spots. Spots 1 and 3 must have green cars, but the final green car can go in either spot 5 or 6. So when they ask which spots MUST have green cars, we can only say 1 and 3.

So how would one diagram the issue I had with PT 32 Game 3 where it reads "at least two compositions are performed either after F and before R or after R and before F?" I read the PS LG bible and for some reason I remember only the F _ _ R bit.

I never had a formal symbol for this. I draw the following:

F/R _ _ R/F

I write this in a box, and right underneath, I put the words "at least"

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:12 pm

dakatz wrote:
angiej wrote:

I never had a formal symbol for this. I draw the following:

F/R _ _ R/F

I write this in a box, and right underneath, I put the words "at least"

Works for me! Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”